Important Question About Airbrushing..

Decorating By jenscreativity Updated 22 Aug 2010 , 3:57am by Loucinda

jenscreativity Posted 22 Aug 2010 , 1:54am
post #1 of 5

My husband just bought a really nice air compressor for small, jobs for in the house things and automotive reasonings also. I was wondering if there is anyway you can use the edible, coloring for cakes with this compressor? I hope so, as I would buy a separate, small trigger for cakes only. I don't want to have to buy the cake airbrush kit if I don't have to. Please let me know if you can use these home compressors and if so, if there are any important tips on making it safe for cakes. The compressor is oil free he bought.

Thanks so much for your continued help!

JEnscreativity.

4 replies
Loucinda Posted 22 Aug 2010 , 2:32am
post #2 of 5

The PSI is more than likely way too high for airbrushing cakes with it.

jenscreativity Posted 22 Aug 2010 , 2:51am
post #3 of 5

What is the PSI that it should be? I can check to see if that can be lowered at all on machine//Thanks!

jenscreativity Posted 22 Aug 2010 , 3:46am
post #4 of 5

NEVER mind...got the answer!! To all of you cake decorators..you CAN use a reg. compressor!! YAY! Just make sure you get your own sprayer for cakes only and you can adjust PSI level on compressor from 0- to any PSI you want it. I'm sooooo excited! Good news and if your hubby has one,,get going on it..It will be worth it.

Jenscreativity

Loucinda Posted 22 Aug 2010 , 3:57am
post #5 of 5

That is great news for you! The one my hubby has would blow my air brush up!

I am thinking you may want to get your own air hose also, you don't want to use the one that he uses for your cakes.

Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%