Do On-Line Surveys Really Pay?

Lounge By mellormom Updated 22 Aug 2010 , 8:34pm by margaretb

mellormom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mellormom Posted 21 Aug 2010 , 11:02am
post #1 of 8

I'm trying to save money and one of the things that keeps popping up is doing on-line surveys. Has anyone done them and if so is it worth it?
Thanks!
Jen...

7 replies
Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 21 Aug 2010 , 12:46pm
post #2 of 8

I tried it before and never got any money.

manahigh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
manahigh Posted 21 Aug 2010 , 1:29pm
post #3 of 8

I do one but they don't send many surveys for me and I only earn about $50 a year. You would have to be signed up with alot of them in order to make any money.

mellormom Posted 21 Aug 2010 , 3:22pm
post #4 of 8

thanks guys. Some people on www.Howtoshopforfree.net do the surveys that earn you points and they seem to have luck. Maybe I'll try that. But That seems like a lot of work for little pay off.
Jen...

saffronica Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
saffronica Posted 21 Aug 2010 , 4:38pm
post #5 of 8

I do surveys with mysurvey.com. Don't expect to rake in a lot of cash, but if you enjoy taking surveys it's a good way to get a prize (which can be money) here and there. My favorite part is that occasionally they send me products to test and then answer surveys about. It doesn't happen very often, but in the past I've gotten diapers, deodorant, a couple of frozen pizzas...again, not a lot, but it's kind of fun.

margaretb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
margaretb Posted 21 Aug 2010 , 8:31pm
post #6 of 8

I think you will find that you have to invest a significant amount of time for what you will make. Maybe if you are sitting around all day watching TV and doing surveys on your laptop, it would be worth it, but if you are thinking you will put in half an hour a day on it, you won't get much.

mellormom Posted 21 Aug 2010 , 9:29pm
post #7 of 8

I didn't figure it would pay much but over time you can accumulate a little money to put towards something and with coupons and things you would then get the item free. (something small like a drug store item.)
But I probably won't be doing many surveys because I don't have the patients to sit to long. LOL
I'm just really trying to be frugal and so I'm looking at every opportunity I can. icon_smile.gif
Jen...

margaretb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
margaretb Posted 22 Aug 2010 , 8:34pm
post #8 of 8

I bit and paid $50 or so for one of those "do survey at home" ads. SUCH A WASTE OF MONEY.

On Amazon or something there is a site called Mechanical Turk or something like that, and you earn tiny bits of money for doing tasks. It strikes me that it would be about the same amount of time/reward as doing surveys. Probably more if you can do some of the pricier tasks.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%