How To Marble Cupcakes And Achieve A Non Sweet Icing...

Baking By cadgurl07 Updated 21 Aug 2010 , 9:36pm by MariaK38

cadgurl07 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cadgurl07 Posted 21 Aug 2010 , 5:12am
post #1 of 6

I'm helping out with a friend's a baby shower and she would like marble cupcakes. I use the WASC for my vanilla/white and then I have an oil chocolate cake (no eggs) that I use. Will these two work ok to marble in th cupcakes? I don't want one to rise alot and the other not to rise much or not cook right.

Also they want a non sweet icing, but it's outside next weekend so I can't use anything that will melt. I've only used swiss meringue before for a non sweet icing, but that was refridgerated and kept inside. Any suggests on for that? These are for next weekend.

Thanks in advance.

5 replies
scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 21 Aug 2010 , 7:44am
post #2 of 6

I use a yellow cake batter, pull out about 30% to 40% and add chocolate to the smaller amount. Now you don't have to worry about baking times. To marble, alternate spoonfulls of the batters which will be pretty just like that, or swirl slightly with a toothpick. As for recipes, I've used many over the years... any one you are comfortable with can be adapted. The easiest way to add the chocolate is to use Hershey's powder. Just do it to taste. The chocolate will be slightly thicker, but that's ok.

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 21 Aug 2010 , 7:48am
post #3 of 6

I didn't comment on the icing because there are people more experienced with outside venues. I'm with you, my less sweet icings won't hold up so I'll watch for advice with you.

SPCC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SPCC Posted 21 Aug 2010 , 4:01pm
post #4 of 6

I use indydebi's bc for everything but if I want it not to sweet I use half butter extract half vanilla or I bet you could use all butter to make it even less sweet.

cadgurl07 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cadgurl07 Posted 21 Aug 2010 , 6:50pm
post #5 of 6

Thank you! Maybe I'll just alter the WASC and make some of it chocolate instead of worrying about 2 totally different recipes.

I'll look that icing up and see. She mentiond a pudding like frosting but I don't know of any and pudding won't be able to sit outside...

What about a cream cheese frosting? I know I get lots of compliments on how it isn't so sweet. Would that be able to sit out. For probably about an hour to an hour and a half?

MariaK38 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MariaK38 Posted 21 Aug 2010 , 9:36pm
post #6 of 6

I made some chocolate indydebi last night and used unsweetened bakers squares and some corn starch in place of some of the powdered sugar, and it was less sweet.
haven't tried it yet with regular, but I'm sure that would work, too.
I wanted to use half butter, but it's so stinkin' hot and humid right now, so I couldn't! Oh well!

Good luck to you!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%