Natural Clear Vanilla

Decorating By galliesway Updated 30 Aug 2010 , 9:13pm by leily

galliesway Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
galliesway Posted 20 Aug 2010 , 11:41pm
post #1 of 9

Does anyone know of any other great natural clear vanilla besides Spices Ect.? I ordered some back in July and it looked like apple juice or cider, I called and they said they'd send a replacement but after I emailed them on AUG. 4th it is back ordered and still haven't heard anything from them. I did send another email but at this point I'm pretty disappointed.

8 replies
Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 20 Aug 2010 , 11:51pm
post #2 of 9

There is no such thing as natural REAL clear vanilla. The color of the vanilla you have is about as clear as you are going to get and it still be REAL vanilla.

True clear is never REAL, it is always imitation.

I make my own vanilla, and I keep some on the weaker side to use for this purpose. (and it is the color of apple cider vinegar) and not nearly as delicious as the dark brown stuff I make!

kansaslaura Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kansaslaura Posted 21 Aug 2010 , 3:59am
post #3 of 9

I use Watkins clear, it's not natural but it has a wonderful flavor.

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 21 Aug 2010 , 12:22pm
post #4 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by kansaslaura

I use Watkins clear, it's not natural but it has a wonderful flavor.

same here

galliesway Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
galliesway Posted 30 Aug 2010 , 6:46pm
post #5 of 9

Well they totally made it right must have been a bad batch. I will keep ordering from them! Thanks for the responses and alternatives. My all time favorite vanilla is from Penzey's.

cakeythings1961 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeythings1961 Posted 30 Aug 2010 , 6:58pm
post #6 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by galliesway

Well they totally made it right must have been a bad batch. I will keep ordering from them! Thanks for the responses and alternatives. My all time favorite vanilla is from Penzey's.

I love Penzey's, too!! I refuse to use clear vanilla...yuck. But then I've never tried Watkins...where can I find it? tia

kansaslaura Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kansaslaura Posted 30 Aug 2010 , 8:30pm
post #7 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakeythings1961

Quote:
Originally Posted by galliesway

I love Penzey's, too!! I refuse to use clear vanilla...yuck. But then I've never tried Watkins...where can I find it? tia

It's sold kinda like Avon--google to find a distributor in your area. Not sure if you can buy it directly off their website or not. I've been buying mine from a guy here that has it in his antique shop, he orders the clear vanilla for me by the gallon.

blessedist Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
blessedist Posted 30 Aug 2010 , 9:02pm
post #8 of 9

My Walmart JUST started carrying Watkins in-store, so maybe you could try you Wally-World to see if they have it....if not, I saw a few people selling on Ebay. HTH

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 30 Aug 2010 , 9:13pm
post #9 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedist

My Walmart JUST started carrying Watkins in-store, so maybe you could try you Wally-World to see if they have it....if not, I saw a few people selling on Ebay. HTH

Mine carries the regular vanilla, but not the clear.

I purchase mine at the local True Value store -- they have a few isles of cake decorating stuff (and the good stuff like magic line etc... not just wilton)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%