Need Help Making A Realistic

Decorating By CNCS Updated 21 Aug 2010 , 6:59pm by CNCS

CNCS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CNCS Posted 20 Aug 2010 , 11:24pm
post #1 of 5

looking flower pot. For some reason every time I search it takes me to yahoo page saying page can not be found.

4 replies
xandra83 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xandra83 Posted 21 Aug 2010 , 1:02am
post #2 of 5

http://www.videojug.com/webvideo/how-to-make-a-fondant-flower-pot

I just found this. It might help. I don't know how great it is, but it looks pretty.

Goldberry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Goldberry Posted 21 Aug 2010 , 1:41pm
post #3 of 5

Well this video just shows the flower pot.

Basically you want to make it strong enhough to stand up - add some tylose powder to the sugar paste, to give it strength or use modelling paste. I would colour brown / terracotta etc.

I think that you coulduse a plastic flower pot as a template - cut the rolled out fondant paste so that it will go around the flower pot and a circle for the base if needed. pop some corn starch on the flower pot (or white fat) wrap your fondant around it and stick edges together . I'd turn it upside down and leave to dry. you could at this stage cut out the band at the top of the pot. I would then wrapit around the top cut to size and stick to the edge of the pot.

once dry (at least 24 hours) remove gently from the flower pot and if needed stick the bottom on it (which ever way works best for you) again leave to dry and voila!!!

hope that this helps you icon_biggrin.gif

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 21 Aug 2010 , 2:01pm
post #4 of 5

see this article here on CC:

http://cakecentral.com/articles/104/step-by-step-3d-cake-sculpting-baby-in-a-flower-pot

(baby optional -- tho' precious cute!)

CNCS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CNCS Posted 21 Aug 2010 , 6:59pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks everyone. I have some reading to do now. Hope to make one tomorrow.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%