Dog Friendly Cake?

Decorating By CutieMcCakes Updated 28 Aug 2010 , 9:10pm by Doug

CutieMcCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CutieMcCakes Posted 20 Aug 2010 , 9:24pm
post #1 of 4

I'm sure I'm not the first person to be asked for this, so I need everyone's help. I just got a request from a dog wash owner that wants to give dog-friendly cupcakes and cookies to the dogs for Halloween as a trick-or-treat surprise for them.

Does anyone have recipes for cakes, icing, and cookies, that are edible for dogs?

3 replies
Crimsicle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crimsicle Posted 22 Aug 2010 , 1:31pm
post #2 of 4

I lost all my recipes in a hard drive failure, or I'd share. But, I've done doggie cakes out of cornbread. I used beef broth for some of the liquid and put bits of meat and cheese (crispy bacon would be great) in the batter. For one of the cakes, I blended some baby food meat into the batter. For the frosting, I mad a VERY, VERY thick pudding of milk, broth and flour. Let that chill completely and beat it into Crisco. You use the whip attachment and beat quite a bit. You get a light, fluffy "frosting" that can be piped. I then put edible images of the birthday doggie on top. There are a couple of pix of my doggie cakes in my photos - bottom of the second page. They were big hits with the honorees. icon_smile.gif

CutieMcCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CutieMcCakes Posted 28 Aug 2010 , 8:29pm
post #3 of 4

what about a cookie / treat recipe that I can cut out shapes to bake and put on top of the cupcakes? Is food color safe for dogs to consume too?

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 28 Aug 2010 , 9:10pm
post #4 of 4

hint: GOOGLE is our friend --

a short trip there will uncover lots and lots of recipes for all kinds of doggy goodies!

some that sound even better than human food and some that can even be human food too!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%