Cheeseburger Cake Question...

Decorating By cdent Updated 21 Aug 2010 , 9:01pm by cdent

cdent Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cdent Posted 20 Aug 2010 , 8:56pm
post #1 of 8

Hey guys!

I am making a cheeseburger cake and I would like to stay with buttercream as much as possible (I'm sure the cheese will be fondant however). I have been crusin the galleries and I saw one with frosting Lettuce. Does anyone know what tip I can use to get that effect?

You guys are awesome! Thank you in advance!!

-Corinne

7 replies
bisbqueenb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bisbqueenb Posted 20 Aug 2010 , 9:09pm
post #2 of 8

I make my lettuce from fondant...that way you can ruffle the edges like real lettuce.

cdent Posted 20 Aug 2010 , 9:21pm
post #3 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by bisbqueenb

I make my lettuce from fondant...that way you can ruffle the edges like real lettuce.

I was thinking to do that, but I was worried about it just flopping and not having any "movement"...I don't have the time to dry out anything unfortunatly. Think it will be ok?

bisbqueenb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bisbqueenb Posted 21 Aug 2010 , 12:08am
post #4 of 8

You can ruffle the edges then tuck and fold it in and over to look like real lettuce leaves. The uneven fondant will hold its shape nicely....if you have some tylose or some gumpaste. you can add a bit of that as well. Make the fondant fairly thin, ruffle the edges and don't worry about them 'cracking' as it gives more realistic look to the lettuce.

cdent Posted 21 Aug 2010 , 5:44am
post #5 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by bisbqueenb

You can ruffle the edges then tuck and fold it in and over to look like real lettuce leaves. The uneven fondant will hold its shape nicely....if you have some tylose or some gumpaste. you can add a bit of that as well. Make the fondant fairly thin, ruffle the edges and don't worry about them 'cracking' as it gives more realistic look to the lettuce.

Awesome, I'll try it! Thank you so much!

ibmoser Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ibmoser Posted 21 Aug 2010 , 12:00pm
post #6 of 8

I have a Bakers Craft 127D tip that makes great lettuce. It is shaped like a 104 rose tip but is huge - the slit is 1 1/2" long. I have used it to make lettuce around turkey and fish cakes.

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 21 Aug 2010 , 12:11pm
post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibmoser

I have a Bakers Craft 127D tip that makes great lettuce. It is shaped like a 104 rose tip but is huge - the slit is 1 1/2" long. I have used it to make lettuce around turkey and fish cakes.

i've used the rose tip also. 104 pr the large one depending on the size of the cake

cdent Posted 21 Aug 2010 , 9:01pm
post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by leily

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibmoser

i've used the rose tip also. 104 pr the large one depending on the size of the cake

It's a 9" bun and an 8" burger patty icon_smile.gif Thank you so much for the advice everyone!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%