Ices San Diego-Favorite Class Or Technique You Learned

Decorating By quilting2011 Updated 22 Aug 2010 , 1:14am by Rylan

quilting2011 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
quilting2011 Posted 20 Aug 2010 , 2:54pm
post #1 of 5

My favorite was the demo from making your own molds.

4 replies
TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 20 Aug 2010 , 4:45pm
post #2 of 5

I can't say I have a favorite. I took away great tips and ideas from all of them that I did. There isn't one that I would have said I wish I hadn't gone to either.

KonfectionKonnection Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KonfectionKonnection Posted 21 Aug 2010 , 4:15pm
post #3 of 5

Dominic (who does the Make Your Own Molds) is great--he ended up being the stand in for one of the demos I attended, when Earlene Moore fell and had to go to the hospital. He did a great job (assisted by Charity George) demonstrating how to use the lace molds that he and Earlene are developing. Very nice!

I agree w/ TexasSugar--I really enjoyed all the things I attended, and didn't feel I had "goofed up" on any of my choices. I learned a lot, although I've been told to make sure I re-copy/clarify any notes ASAP, which I still need to do. It's surprising how it makes sense at the time, then maybe for a week, then later you wonder what you meant? icon_confused.gif

The class w/ Barbara Evans on Oriental Strings was too cool. Enjoyed watching James Rosselle make flowers. Mary Moy's sugar demo makes me think maybe I CAN work with sugar (blowing sugar bubbles w/ a basketball pump!). Gelatin flowers were made to look so easy by Michelle Stedham. The Cake Shack, the vendors--already looking forward to next year! icon_rolleyes.gif

quilting2011 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
quilting2011 Posted 21 Aug 2010 , 10:23pm
post #4 of 5

Yes, I can't wait. This was my first ICES demo. It was educational and also my family had a good time.

It is a toss up between going to Cake camp or Reno Nevada. I may go to cake camp 2011 and Reno 2012.

I hope they have the ICES convention in California. I just love that state. Maybe Anaheim (disneyland) or Los Angeles or San Francisco.

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 22 Aug 2010 , 1:14am
post #5 of 5

Hearing your wonderful expereinces makes me want to cry, hahaha. I had to cancel mines!

Anyways, hope to see you all next year at Cake Camp. For sure I'll be there.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%