Cake Boss New Episode Monday

Lounge By RubiPumps Updated 21 Aug 2010 , 6:28pm by cakeprof

RubiPumps Posted 20 Aug 2010 , 1:47pm
post #1 of 9

Has anyone seen the previews for Monday's show? They're advertising "big changes" in store for Buddy & the bakery. Do you suppose this is where they announce a name change to the show? I've been waiting for them to stop using it.

Sheila

8 replies
cakesdivine Posted 20 Aug 2010 , 3:03pm
post #2 of 9

They were allowed to use it for season 3 which just finished wrap. The new show is the first show of season 3, so you will still see the show with the Cake Boss manacre for this season, then NEXT season (season 4) if it is continued, will sport the new name which has not been released and may not be until they get closer to airing season 4.

mindy1204 Posted 20 Aug 2010 , 3:37pm
post #3 of 9

I must have missed a post, why is he changing his name?

cakesdivine Posted 20 Aug 2010 , 3:58pm
post #4 of 9

Discovery Network/TLC illegally used the name that was already trademarked by CC's own wonderful KelleyM, owner of the CakeBoss trademark for all things cake icon_smile.gif

They had informed TLC of the infraction long before the first episode aired but TLC chose to ignore the cease and desist order. So a Federal Trademark Law Judge found in favor of Masters Software (KelleyM's company) and ordered and injuction against TLC to stop using the name. They were allowed to wrap up Season 3 and use it for that season's airings only. After that the name must be changed.

mindy1204 Posted 20 Aug 2010 , 4:02pm
post #5 of 9

Wow you would think they would have checked that out!

Ellie1985 Posted 20 Aug 2010 , 4:38pm
post #6 of 9

A few weeks ago Buddy was looking for a bigger location. Maybe that is the big announcement.

Karen421 Posted 20 Aug 2010 , 5:01pm
post #7 of 9

They will probably change the name when he moves to the new location. That is just my guess, but it seems like a good time to change it. icon_cool.gif

neelycharmed Posted 21 Aug 2010 , 11:36am
post #8 of 9

I'm glad that that they won the court case... icon_smile.gif
They should have changed the name when they first heard about the other cake boss....
Jodi icon_smile.gif

cakeprof Posted 21 Aug 2010 , 6:28pm
post #9 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by neelycharmed

I'm glad that that they won the court case... icon_smile.gif
They should have changed the name when they first heard about the other ....
Jodi icon_smile.gif

Don't think they have actually won the case--yet. Judge just issued an injunction requiring TLC to stop using the name while the case is being decided. Not uncommon. Just like the judge that issued an injunction against same sex marriage in California while the Prop 8 decision is being appealed. Does not mean that supporters of Prop 8 won the appeal, just that no marriages can occur while the case is being appealed. The last I read was about the injunction being issued against TLC, have not seen anything about whether a decision has been reached in the case against TLC.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%