Can You Help Me Flesh Out An Idea, Please?

Decorating By kathik Updated 21 Aug 2010 , 5:44am by kathik

kathik Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kathik Posted 20 Aug 2010 , 5:26am
post #1 of 5

I want to use the Wilton Brownie Pan to make brownie pops that look like beehives. I wanted to give them some kind of definition, so I was thinking of piping candy melt ropes starting at the bottom and then adding one on top of the other to the top. The problem is I don't know how to keep the melts at the right temperature so I can pipe it, but it won't be too soft or get too hard, too fast.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,
Kathi

4 replies
sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 20 Aug 2010 , 3:15pm
post #2 of 5

I have not done it but several people recommended setting your chocolate on a heating pad. Because you can control the temp of your heating bad. So maybe get a heating pad for just cake use, place a plate or something on top of it and let your piping bags with chocolate rest on that. I don't have good luck with chocolate honestly, I'm always over heating under heating but I think the heating bad would help you keep a more consistent heat.

You may also decide just to use fondant or modeling chocolate. It seems a whole lot easier to make a fondant snake and just wrap it around the pop than try to pipe it...thinking about it now, why not just use buttercream? You could do a white chocolate or an almond buttercream to compliment the chocolate flavor.

still_learning Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
still_learning Posted 20 Aug 2010 , 5:16pm
post #3 of 5

I've used the candy melts a bunch for piping. I just put them in a plastic, disposable piping bag and microwave to melt them. I sort of smoosh them around in the bag to make sure they're all melted and to eliminate hot spots. When they start to cool off and harden I just pop them back into the microwave. HTH!

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 20 Aug 2010 , 5:57pm
post #4 of 5

What about candy clay ropes?

kathik Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kathik Posted 21 Aug 2010 , 5:44am
post #5 of 5

How would I attach the candy clay rope? With frosting? This would definitely be the best option.

Thanks,
Kathi

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%