Helpful Hints Needed For Cupcakes To Stay In Liners

Baking By SweetTsBakeshop Updated 21 Aug 2010 , 4:35am by Pallison

SweetTsBakeshop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetTsBakeshop Posted 19 Aug 2010 , 11:37pm
post #1 of 5

I would love to know the secret to keeping the liners when using scratch recipes from separating off the cupcakes. It happened again to me today with a recipe I tried for a key lime daquiri pound cake recipe. I was looking to use a more dense recipe with flavor for a cake and used the rest of the batter for cupcakes and the white liners purchased at Michaels all just peeled right off after they cooled and were taken out of the cupcake tray. If anyone has any helpful hints to my ongoing cupcake issue, I would welcome them most definitely! icon_redface.gif

4 replies
LindaF144a Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LindaF144a Posted 20 Aug 2010 , 12:49am
post #2 of 5

This has been covered under this forum. There are 4 pages worth of information to read there.

My experience has been that I only get that problem when I underbake my cupcakes. Others say it is the amount of fat in the recipe.

But please take the time to go through the cupcake forum and join that discussion. It would be a waste of time to repeat everything here again.

ILoveDaffodils Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ILoveDaffodils Posted 21 Aug 2010 , 12:15am
post #3 of 5

This happens to me as well - so frustrating isn't it? I have tried a couple of recipes and for me the ones with a lot of butter are worse. There are a couple of forums related to this. Here is one of them.
http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=687371&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=0
For myself, I have had the best luck with filling the cupcake with just a little more batter. Normally I use a 1/4 cup scoop but then I add another teaspoon or so. I also bake at 400 for the first 5 minutes and then turn the oven back to 350. This creates a dome and seems to help. I still get some that don't stick but it seems to be fewer.
Good luck and your key lime daquiri pound cake sounds delicious!

MariaK38 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MariaK38 Posted 21 Aug 2010 , 12:27am
post #4 of 5

I agree with dah12345. the liners only seem to come off of the ones that are less full for some reason.
Also, I started baking mine at 325 instead of 350, and that seems to help.
Good luck to you!

Pallison Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pallison Posted 21 Aug 2010 , 4:35am
post #5 of 5

From my experience I lean towards underbaking being the problem...BUT....you mention key lime daiquiri cake and the worst problem I have had was when I was making lime margarita cupcakes....every single one of the liners came off on 2 dozen cupcakes......and not just here and there, but completely OFF...!!!! Wonder if the lime has something to do with it...???

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%