Decorating By Gatorfan01 Updated 20 Aug 2010 , 1:57pm by funcakes

Gatorfan01 Posted 19 Aug 2010 , 4:57pm
post #1 of 7

Where can I purchase hazelnuts? I have a fantastic recipe that uses ground hazelnuts and I can't find them anywhere.

Thanks in advance.

6 replies
Cakepro Posted 19 Aug 2010 , 8:59pm
post #2 of 7

Well, I buy mine at the grocery store. Do you have a grocery store that carries gourmet and specialty items? Also, Whole Foods has them.

funcakes Posted 19 Aug 2010 , 10:52pm
post #3 of 7

I may be mistaken, but I think they are called filberts in some locations. Have you looked for filberts? Hazelnuts are sold everywhere around here, they can be easily found in all our grocery stores.
We do have some shops here that specialize in nuts. They always have them there. Do you have nut shops where you live?
If that doesn't help I think you can buy them online from sites like Harry and David.

Cakepro Posted 20 Aug 2010 , 7:50am
post #4 of 7

Hazelnuts and filberts are two entirely different nuts.

funcakes Posted 20 Aug 2010 , 12:29pm
post #5 of 7

Here is some info on hazelnuts and filberts. They also sell nuts. I have no information about buying from this site because I can get them locally.


Cakepro Posted 20 Aug 2010 , 1:24pm
post #6 of 7

Haha! All my life I have been calling Brazil nuts 'filberts.' Good to learn something new!

funcakes Posted 20 Aug 2010 , 1:57pm
post #7 of 7

My parents always called Brazil nuts filberts too, and I thought that was what they were until I needed hazelnut paste for a recipe and couldn't find it at a baking supply store. The owner gave me filbert paste and said it was the same thing. Live and learn! LOL

Quote by @%username% on %date%