Suggestions On Best Camera For Hobby Baker For Cake Pics

Decorating By Apti Updated 25 Aug 2010 , 12:55pm by Rylan

Apti Posted 19 Aug 2010 , 3:03pm
post #1 of 3

If anyone has any suggestions on an easy camera that would take good pictures of my cakes and allow me to upload the photos on my computer, they would be greatly appreciated.

I can barely use the computer (can't do fancy stuff), and just need a basic, easy to use and figure out, camera that puts pics on the computer.

Any ideas, CC'ers???

2 replies
pugmama1 Posted 24 Aug 2010 , 5:40am
post #2 of 3

I am not a photo expert but any basic digital camera should be fine. I have seen great pictures from a $100 camera as well as a fancy one. Maybe try to get one that has some different modes and does well in different lightings. Your camera usually comes with a cord to the computer or just insert your disc from the camera. You should then get a menu that will allow you to download pictures. There have been forums on CC that discuss taking good pictures.

Rylan Posted 25 Aug 2010 , 12:55pm
post #3 of 3

I personally like Nikon D60 with various lenses. It's a more affordable DSLR and aids me take better shots. I also think any digital camera works fine. Just make sure that you have proper lighting and a clean background. I prefer using natural lighting during 6-7 pm and use panel boards painted in flat finish paint.

Quote by @%username% on %date%