Argh, My Daughter Wants A Princess Castle Cake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Decorating By NikkiG1976 Updated 24 Aug 2010 , 7:54pm by mayhem68

NikkiG1976 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NikkiG1976 Posted 19 Aug 2010 , 1:41pm
post #1 of 11

Hi there, Any advice would be appreciated, my nearly 4 yr old daughter would like a princess castle cake for her birthday and I haven't a clue where to start!!!!!!!!!!!!
Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thankyou
Nikki icon_eek.gif

10 replies
luv_to_decorate Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv_to_decorate Posted 19 Aug 2010 , 1:52pm
post #2 of 11

Do you already have the Wilton Castle kit? I did one for my granddaughter last September. When my other granddaughter wanted one for her birthday last weekend, my DIL (who can decorate cakes too) decided to order the castle cake kit that is plastic and comes with all the princesses instead of tackeling the Wilton kit. It turned out really cute. It was much easier on her since she is in school too. I spent over a week getting everything ready before the birthday for my other granddaughter's cake. If you are worried about trying the Wilton kit, google the castle cake kit and see if this would work for you.

NikkiG1976 Posted 19 Aug 2010 , 2:01pm
post #3 of 11

Wow thanks for that I don't have any of the kits but will google them now!!!!!!!!!

N xxx

ShellBell69 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShellBell69 Posted 19 Aug 2010 , 2:07pm
post #4 of 11

Hi. I did a Dora Princess castle cake for my daughters 3rd birthday this year. It really was easy to make just took a lot of time (I had never really covered a cake in fondant before). I used ice cream cones for the turrets. The pic is in my photo's (don't know how to post it in the thread).

NikkiG1976 Posted 19 Aug 2010 , 2:15pm
post #5 of 11

Thankyou ShellBell, I've checked out your pics and it looked fantastic, I'm sure Mia would love one of them!!!!!!!!!

N xxx

ShellBell69 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShellBell69 Posted 19 Aug 2010 , 2:51pm
post #6 of 11

Thank you for the compliment nikki! I won't lie...it took FOREVER for me to do (I wouldn't get to start on it until after 8:30pm at night) and I asked a bunch of questions that cakesrock was so kind to answer for me. My daughter loved it and I know your daughter will love whatever version of a castle you decide to make. There are soooo many good ones on here to look at. I can't wait to see a pic when you are done.

mommakabob Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommakabob Posted 19 Aug 2010 , 2:59pm
post #7 of 11

I also used the Wilton Kit. It took a lot of time, but I made sure I started almost a week before. I had trouble getting the towers to stay in the cake, though I didn't follow the instructions for that part either...so that was my fault. But overall, it came out ok. I've actually done it twice and the second time I budgeted my time much better, and I think it came out nicer. Good luck!

poohsmomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
poohsmomma Posted 19 Aug 2010 , 3:53pm
post #8 of 11

I made one without a kit, using ice cream cones for the towers. I iced it in buttercream, dipped the cones in melted chocolate, and decorated with royal and bc icing and fondant accents. It's the very last picture in my photos if you want to see how the ice cream cones look as towers.

kimbm04r Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimbm04r Posted 20 Aug 2010 , 12:42am
post #9 of 11

I have made two of them using the Wilton Castle Kit. The latest one being for my granddaughter's 4th birthday a couple weeks ago. This one went a lot easier than the first, but the first one used a dummy cake for the top tier and it made it harder to put the towers on the cake without them falling over.

I will try to attach a picture of the latest cake if I can, but I seem to have a problem with getting any pictures to upload lately. My first one is in my photos but you can also see them on my FB site also (Myra Kimball).

I can't get any pictures to upload, I have attached a link to my FB photo of the most recent cake.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=lf#!/photo.php?pid=290247&id=100000317984752&ref=fbx_album

kelleym Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kelleym Posted 20 Aug 2010 , 5:03am
post #10 of 11

There is a full tutorial on the cakeboss web site under 'Cake Stuff'. thumbs_up.gif

mayhem68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mayhem68 Posted 24 Aug 2010 , 7:54pm
post #11 of 11

I made the cakes in my pics for 2 of my daughter's birthdays a few years ago. I got the idea/instructions out of one of my cake books. If you would like a copy of the instructions, let me know and I can scan and send to you. It was really pretty simple.

Also, earlenescakes.com has instructions on an amazing castle cake. I have make several of these for weddings and for birthdays. It is a LOT more time consuming, but it makes an amazing cake. Plan ahead if you are making this cake!! It is fun, but takes some time and lots of patience!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%