How Do I Put The Cross On Top Of The Cake

Decorating By kaddikakes Updated 20 Aug 2010 , 11:18am by kaddikakes

kaddikakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaddikakes Posted 19 Aug 2010 , 12:26pm
post #1 of 3

There is a picture of a cake un Celebration Cakes/Firs Communion . . . the cake is titled Baby Dedication by celebrationcreations . . . it was posted in 2006. What I need to know is how the cross was put on top of the cake, is there a cake board under the cross. I making one of these tomorrow and really could use the help. Thank you.

2 replies
Cindy619 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cindy619 Posted 19 Aug 2010 , 11:21pm
post #2 of 3

I think I would just treat this cake like any other tiered cake and I would definitely put a cake board under the cross. If you're using a cross pan, then just use the pan to trace the shape onto cardboard. The picture looks like the bottom cake is only one layer, same with the cross. If that's the case you probably wouldn't need any support, but then again it never hurts to throw a couple of wood dowels in to be on the safe side. HTH!

kaddikakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaddikakes Posted 20 Aug 2010 , 11:18am
post #3 of 3

Major cake disaster with the cross cake. I know the directions call for (1) boxed cake but I think I should have used (2). Also when it came out of the pan and I leveled it, tried to put it on my sheet cake the whole thing just fell completely apart. I'm going after work to get two more cake mixes going to put a box of pudding and sour cream in the mix and hope that it is sturdy enough to put on the cake. I am also going to put a cake board underneath! What a mess.

Thanks for listening.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%