Need Recommendations For A Store Bought Buttercream!

Decorating By staceyflute Updated 19 Aug 2010 , 4:31am by pmarks0

staceyflute Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
staceyflute Posted 19 Aug 2010 , 2:30am
post #1 of 4

Yes, yes I know...it's cake blasphemy. icon_smile.gif But I need to find a good store bought white crusting buttercream. I am travelling to Philly to go to my Bro-in-law's 40th surprise party next month. My sister wants me to make a cake, but the problem is that we won't get into town until 11pm Friday, and the party is at 5pm on Saturday. So I need to cut corners somewhere to save time and not make a huge mess at her house on the day of the party. That's my excuse! Otherwise, I always make my own buttercream. icon_smile.gif

ANYWAYS.....does anyone have and recommendations? Wilton? CK?

3 replies
pmarks0 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pmarks0 Posted 19 Aug 2010 , 3:49am
post #2 of 4

Sorry, no idea about store bought icing. But I was wondering...are you driving or flying? If you're driving, you could make and bring your icing if you use SugarShack's or IndyDebi's as they don't need to be refrigerated. I will be driving to Florida at the end of the year and promised a cake for a friend so I'm bringing the cake, icing and anything else I need as there won't be a place for me to make them.

staceyflute Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
staceyflute Posted 19 Aug 2010 , 3:58am
post #3 of 4

I'm flying, so unless I want to be accosted by homeland security, I probably shouldn't bring my own. lol!

pmarks0 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pmarks0 Posted 19 Aug 2010 , 4:31am
post #4 of 4

LOL - no I guess that wouldn't be a good idea. Was just a thought.

Too bad you can't ship the icing ahead to be there when you arrived. icon_smile.gif I had a friend ship the tiers (un-iced) of a fruitcake she was using in a tiered cake as well as her fondant and such and did it all when she arrived. I think Fedex was able to get it there in one piece.

I'll be interested to see what icing brands people suggest. It's always good to have something in ones back pocket.

Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%