Cake Toppers - Have You Seen This?

Decorating By cakesbycathy Updated 20 Aug 2010 , 2:39am by Ruth0209

cakesbycathy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
11 replies
KSMill Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KSMill Posted 19 Aug 2010 , 6:51pm
post #2 of 12

Wow, what can I say, I thought marriage was a life-long commitment to take seriously and those toppers seem to make light of the entire process.

dchockeyguy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dchockeyguy Posted 19 Aug 2010 , 7:27pm
post #3 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSMill

Wow, what can I say, I thought marriage was a life-long commitment to take seriously and those toppers seem to make light of the entire process.

I'm going to have to disagree with you here. I think most all of those (except for a couple) are cute and fun. If a couple wants to inject some "Fun" into their wedding, why not? It's their day and their wedding should reflect their personalities.

JaeRodriguez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaeRodriguez Posted 19 Aug 2010 , 7:32pm
post #4 of 12

I love the birds, and a few of the others. They are cute, I don't much care for some of them but the birds were great. Like you said, they help to reflect the personality of the couple.

SugarFrosted Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarFrosted Posted 19 Aug 2010 , 7:43pm
post #5 of 12

I love them all! So cute! Very creative and fun.

rainyone Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rainyone Posted 19 Aug 2010 , 8:01pm
post #6 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSMill

yes so everyone should be somber and wear black. Maybe cake isn't taking marriage seriously and we should serve something more serious. lol

A wedding is a CELEBRATION of a marriage beginning and should reflect the couples personalities. Trust me those couples with a sense of humour will be much better off in the long run with the trials and tribulations ahead of them in the years.

I got married and hated all the stuff I *had* to do. I had to give out party favours, have a formal meal, etc.... blah blah blah. Wasn't too much fun and the standard white on white cake ( that I can't actually remember now) was boring and totally not my personality.

WykdGud Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
WykdGud Posted 19 Aug 2010 , 8:34pm
post #7 of 12

Soooooooooo much better than that topper where the bride has her legs wrapped around the groom's waist.

These are fun! I especially like the steam punk one.

DefyGravity Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DefyGravity Posted 19 Aug 2010 , 8:40pm
post #8 of 12

I thought they were great! I really didn't like the topper on my wedding cake, but my mom picked it out and I didn't want to hurt her feelings.

I think the Miis are hilarious icon_smile.gif

kansaslaura Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kansaslaura Posted 19 Aug 2010 , 10:51pm
post #9 of 12

A couple made me kinda cringe, but I LOVE the sock monkeys!!

Ruth0209 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ruth0209 Posted 20 Aug 2010 , 1:03am
post #10 of 12

I think those are great fun. I absolutely HATE the traditional cake toppers. Why would you want statues of a bride and broom who look nothing like you with a dress and suit that look nothing like yours, are PLASTIC and look about 40 years old. I love to see the personalities of the bride and groom reflected in the topper.

I agree with a PP. A wedding reception should be an event filled with joy, fun and lightheartedness.

kansaslaura Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kansaslaura Posted 20 Aug 2010 , 2:07am
post #11 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth0209

Why would you want statues of a bride and broom....

I guess if you were a witch... icon_lol.gif

Ruth0209 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ruth0209 Posted 20 Aug 2010 , 2:39am
post #12 of 12

Ha, ha! Silly me. Fast fingers... Maybe a bride ON a broom. I've seen more than a few of those!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%