Bettercreme Pudding And Milk.....does It Require Refrig...

Decorating By divinecc Updated 19 Aug 2010 , 1:41pm by divinecc

divinecc Posted 18 Aug 2010 , 9:00pm
post #1 of 5

I have never used bettercreme (actually using pastry pride) before and would like to try it out. I am going to use the recipe from Melvira 2 c Bettercreme 1 pk pudding and 1/2 c milk then fold in oreos. If I use the milk will it still be stable because I can't refrigerate it?

4 replies
divinecc Posted 18 Aug 2010 , 9:59pm
post #2 of 5

Never mind I'm pretty sure it does...I wonder if water would work to replace milk?

BlakesCakes Posted 18 Aug 2010 , 11:55pm
post #3 of 5

I always make mock Bettercreme mousses. I NEVER use milk because I want to take advantage of the shelf stability of the Bettercreme.

I make paste of the pudding mix using hot water. I beat the Bettercreme to soft peaks stage, add some of that to the pudding paste, mix until incorporated, add that mixture back into the Bettercreme and beat for less than 30 seconds to blend well.

Works like a charm and doesn't require refrigeration.

HTH
Rae

sweettreat101 Posted 19 Aug 2010 , 7:23am
post #4 of 5

Why do you need milk? Just use more Bettercreme. Or you can use coffee creamers mixed with water or liquid flavored coffee creamers. This is what I do for candy that can't be refrigerated.

divinecc Posted 19 Aug 2010 , 1:41pm
post #5 of 5

All great ideas! I didn't read this until after but I just replaced milk with water and it was so yummy! I had my DH taste it (he hates frosting and fillings) and he said he could eat the whole bowl!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%