Edible Images Through The Mail...heat?

Decorating By DianeLM Updated 23 Aug 2010 , 1:38pm by DianeLM

DianeLM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianeLM Posted 18 Aug 2010 , 8:47pm
post #1 of 6

I would like to send someone sheets of printed images. I'm in North Texas (101 degrees), sending to south Arkansas (95 degrees).

Is heat a real problem with edible images? I'm sure overnight delivery would be possible, especially since the images are needed pretty soon.

Thanks!

5 replies
tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 18 Aug 2010 , 8:53pm
post #2 of 6

I would send Debbie from Icingimages a pm or post this in the icingimges forum so she will see it. I'm sure she will know the answer.

golightly120 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
golightly120 Posted 18 Aug 2010 , 9:16pm
post #3 of 6

Hi! I ordered some about a month ago (I'm in East Texas so it's super hot) from Pennsylvania and didn't have any problems when I received them. They were sent priority mail. They had them in a manila envelope between two pieces of cardboard to protect them and it worked perfectly! I hope that helps a little!

DianeLM Posted 18 Aug 2010 , 9:26pm
post #4 of 6

tiggy - Thanks for the suggestion. icon_smile.gif

golightly120 - Thank you for sharing your experience! Just to clarify, the images were ALREADY PRINTED on the frosting sheets, right? We're not talking about blank frosting sheets. Thanks again!

icingimages Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingimages Posted 23 Aug 2010 , 12:00pm
post #5 of 6

We ship all over the US. The only time we have a problem is when they are local. Very seldom and it would be the extreme heat waves, hotter than you describe. The percentage of problems are extremely low and I actually think it may have to do with the picture as we send out dozens daily and very few have problems. If it was the heat, we would have more problems than we do.

DianeLM Posted 23 Aug 2010 , 1:38pm
post #6 of 6

Thank you, Debbie. That's good to know. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%