Omg - It Tastes Terrable!

Decorating By Byron Updated 19 Aug 2010 , 12:53pm by leah_s

Byron Posted 18 Aug 2010 , 7:44pm
post #1 of 10

Has anyone else use PURPLE Satin Ice or Choco-pan fondant.

I used the two mixed together for a cake, I ony tasted it after I had covered it - It has to be one of the worst things I have every tasted! icon_eek.gif I don't know if it os the combination or the two, a bad batch or what, but i can't belive they market something with such a bad taste.

9 replies
peg818 Posted 18 Aug 2010 , 8:01pm
post #2 of 10

Wonder if you got a bad batch. I haven't tried the SI purple, but have tried the black and red with no nasty taste. Pretty much tastes just like the white.

Choco-pan is the best tasting fondant i have ever tried. So i just can't imagine the combination tasting nasty.

Do you have any that haven't been mixed so you can determine which one you don't like the taste of?? Also, have someone else taste it. It might not be as bad as you think it is.

BlakesCakes Posted 18 Aug 2010 , 8:31pm
post #3 of 10

I'm pretty sure it's because you mixed the 2 together.

The vanilla of the SI purple mixed with the chocolate of the Choco-pan purple doesn't appeal to me as a combo--I'd think it would make for an odd taste.

JMHO
Rae

KTB4 Posted 18 Aug 2010 , 9:00pm
post #4 of 10

Yikes I'm glad to read this since I was going to do this on the weekend. I have some purple choco pan (this stuff tastes SO good) that I was going to mix with white SI to get a lighter purple. Maybe I'll mix it with fondarific instead? I don't have time to order white choco-pan unfortunately.

dchockeyguy Posted 18 Aug 2010 , 9:15pm
post #5 of 10

You might have better luck mixing it with Fondariffic since they use candy coating for their fondant. It woudl be a little closer to ChocoPan, but I'm still not convinced that's goign to be a good flavor combination.

KTB4 Posted 18 Aug 2010 , 9:19pm
post #6 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by dchockeyguy

You might have better luck mixing it with Fondariffic since they use candy coating for their fondant. It woudl be a little closer to ChocoPan, but I'm still not convinced that's goign to be a good flavor combination.

eek perhaps the dress will need to be white with purple accents then icon_sad.gif I never dreamed two fondants together would taste bad - well maybe one of the nasty flavoured ones and something but not neutral flavours. I guess you learn something every day icon_smile.gif

dchockeyguy Posted 18 Aug 2010 , 9:20pm
post #7 of 10

I'd just take a tiny bit of each and mix it to see what you think. Your tastes and mine certainly won't be the same!

KTB4 Posted 18 Aug 2010 , 9:21pm
post #8 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by dchockeyguy

I'd just take a tiny bit of each and mix it to see what you think. Your tastes and mine certainly won't be the same!

That's my plan icon_biggrin.gif

Byron Posted 19 Aug 2010 , 12:21pm
post #9 of 10

I read on here that a number of people mix the two together for the sturdyness of the satin ice and the chocolate flovour of the chocopan. The imediate flovour was ok but then very quickly you got a second taste, which I asume is caused by the dye.

I have used both before just not purple and not together!

If anyone else mixes the two I would be interested.

leah_s Posted 19 Aug 2010 , 12:53pm
post #10 of 10

I don't think that purple (which is vanilla) would be bad mixed with white (which is also vanilla.)

Purple (vanilla) mixed with chocolate sounds OK in theory . . .

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%