Help With Wilton Candlelight Stand

Decorating By 1456 Updated 19 Aug 2010 , 8:22am by peg818

1456 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
1456 Posted 18 Aug 2010 , 7:41pm
post #1 of 5

Hi the bride has purchased this stand wilton brand ( white wire) has 4 candles around the base . it does not come with seperator board . and I usually use just a thin ply wood base covered in tin foil and I was wondering if you can place a three teir 6" 8" 10" on the stand with out any problems says it only hold up to 40lbs and i know a three teir can get very heavy. also what size should a cut my board fo the base of this cake I need an answer right away because she just bought this and I have all the cake made ready to fill and finish . and she just call me to tell all this just a hour ago . o course I dont have it in front of me to us as a referance any help is greatly appriecated. I wlll try and add picture of it

4 replies
1456 Posted 18 Aug 2010 , 7:42pm
post #2 of 5

sorry it didn't work but it is on the wilton website , under stands (white with purple ribbon )www.wilton.com

peg818 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peg818 Posted 18 Aug 2010 , 8:07pm
post #3 of 5

I have placed a 14-10-6 on that stand so you shouldn't have a problem with the size you are looking at. I think you need at least a 14 inch board on it.

Since you don't have the stand right in front of you, and if it doesn't tell you on the wilton site, Cut your board to a 14 which you probably would anyway for the size cake you are doing, and then cover a 16inch board to match your cake too. Then when you get to the venue to set the cake up, if the 14 doesn't work, you can then place the 14 on top of the 16 and it will look just fine.

Sorry i don't have the stand right in front of me or i would measure it for you.

1456 Posted 18 Aug 2010 , 8:45pm
post #4 of 5

thank you I will do that , sound like my cake will fit just fine so thanks for the reasurrance. melissa

peg818 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peg818 Posted 19 Aug 2010 , 8:22am
post #5 of 5

one other thing make sure to take something with you to glue the candles down in the holders cause i know it wasn't easy getting a tapper to sit straight without anything. so an extra candle at least that you can melt in there would be great.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%