Cricut Please

Decorating By Brookbourque Updated 19 Aug 2010 , 2:16pm by Brookbourque

Brookbourque Posted 18 Aug 2010 , 7:40pm
post #1 of 3

Hi, I have the Expressions, I changed the blade and houseing to the deep cut blade and houseing, I got the sticky off the mat, is there anything else I need to do?? Oh and I also took those rubber things off the roller. I've been trying to use it but my cuts arent coming out clean and not going all the way thru my fondant. I rolled it very thin. Can anyone tell me what setting should my blade be on, and what pressure and speed should I use. I also tried freezing, and adding tylose. I've tried Satin Ice and Wilton fondant. And I keep cleaning the blade also. Thanks!!

2 replies
iluvpeeks Posted 19 Aug 2010 , 5:18am
post #2 of 3

Hi I hope I can help you. I don't have the expression, but I do have the Cricut Cake, so I really don't know what the pressure and speed should be. I do know that you can't have the speed too high. I know that on the cake, I usually have the speed on medium. If you do a search, there have been several threads in the Cake Decorating forum. I think its called "My success with the cricut cake". Are you putting Crisco on your mat, and then rolling your fondant or gumpaste directly onto the mat? Also, if you go to Cutting Edge Cake Art website, and if you sign up for their newsletter, they will send the recipe that they use on the cricut. Also read their articles on the Cricut Expression, and Cricut Cake. I know that for myself there are times that I put a little corn starch on top of the fondant or gumpaste it helps. You have to make sure that the fondant or gumpaste is really stuck to the mat. I hope this helps a little.

Brookbourque Posted 19 Aug 2010 , 2:16pm
post #3 of 3

Thanks so much!!! I think I may have finallyl gotten it!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%