What Cutter Is Used To Create This Flower?

Baking By texastj Updated 21 Aug 2010 , 2:18am by Texas_Rose

texastj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
texastj Posted 18 Aug 2010 , 5:16pm
post #1 of 12

I saw a picture of a daisy cutout. Wanted to know what cutter was used for it.

11 replies
Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
texastj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
texastj Posted 18 Aug 2010 , 7:04pm
post #3 of 12

Thanx a bunch from one fellow Texan to another. This is the exact cut out that I was looking for.

CookieMeister Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CookieMeister Posted 18 Aug 2010 , 7:33pm
post #4 of 12

That's one of my favorite cutters. I could play with it all day long.

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1581689

cab333 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cab333 Posted 18 Aug 2010 , 9:59pm
post #5 of 12

I just bought one too....and I LOVE it - so pretty! I bought the large one....but have not been able to find flower formers large enough to set my finished work in so that it develops a bit of shape while drying. If anyone knows where to find those, or any tricks of the trade... let me know!

CookieMeister Posted 18 Aug 2010 , 10:24pm
post #6 of 12

I use the cardboard cup liners from Starbucks. Cut the in half, line with wax paper, and put your flowers on in there!

cab333 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cab333 Posted 18 Aug 2010 , 10:50pm
post #7 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by CookieMeister

I use the cardboard cup liners from Starbucks. Cut the in half, line with wax paper, and put your flowers on in there!

Great Idea..... thumbs_up.gif
I am going to have to see if I can get my hands on some of those...!

Cookies4kids Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cookies4kids Posted 19 Aug 2010 , 9:55pm
post #8 of 12

Cookie--I have been wanting to try chocolate fondant and I really like the look of yours. Would you mind sharing your recipe.

CookieMeister Posted 20 Aug 2010 , 4:58pm
post #9 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookies4kids

Cookie--I have been wanting to try chocolate fondant and I really like the look of yours. Would you mind sharing your recipe.

Unfortunately, I don't have a good chocolate fondant recipe. I've tried a few and have been unimpressed. That was Chocolate Pettinice (SP?).

Texas_Rose Posted 20 Aug 2010 , 5:04pm
post #10 of 12

You can make a flower former by laying a sheet of heavy duty foil over a cupcake pan. Push the foil a little ways into each cup so that it makes a curved shape. If all you have is regular foil, leave the foil over the cupcake pan to keep its shape.

When I make chocolate fondant, I use MMF but replace part of the powdered sugar with cocoa powder...I use the recipe that takes 2 lb powdered sugar, and I replace 1 cup with 3/4 cup cocoa powder. Different cocoa powders will make different flavors and colors. Hershey's special dark makes fondant that's almost black, and Guittard cocoa rouge (my favorite) makes a lighter brown fondant that tastes like tootsie rolls.

Cookies4kids Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cookies4kids Posted 21 Aug 2010 , 1:08am
post #11 of 12

Thanks for the info, Texas Rose. What is Guittard cocoa rouge and where do you get it?
Thanks again

Texas_Rose Posted 21 Aug 2010 , 2:18am
post #12 of 12

http://www.surlatable.com/product/id/185899.do?mr:trackingCode=236AAEDC-D781-DE11-B7F3-0019B9C043EB&mr:referralID=NA

It's just another cocoa powder, but it has a great flavor. I buy it at the health food store every year before Christmas. I buy six cans and it lasts the year icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%