Cake Supply Stores In The Rochester Area

Decorating By JuJu23 Updated 8 Sep 2013 , 11:47am by jozsmith

JuJu23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JuJu23 Posted 18 Aug 2010 , 2:32pm
post #1 of 5

Just wondering if anyone can recommend some good supply stores in the rochester area. I have a Michaels and AC Moore where im from, but am looking for maybe a smaller shop that is more specific. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much

Mary

4 replies
SecretAgentCakeBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SecretAgentCakeBaker Posted 21 Aug 2010 , 1:12pm
post #2 of 5

Rochester, NY or Rochester, MN? if NY, then sorry, but we do not have a cake store that I know of.

Here are places to get supplies though. Unfortunately, nobody really has a good selection of just cake stuff.

Niblack in Henrietta, near Lori's Natural Foods.
http://niblackfoods.com/
They have all kinds of spices, powdered food colorings, flavorings (I get large bottles of clear vanilla and almond from them), silver & gold dragees, sprinkles, cake boards, sleeve fillings, almond paste, boxes (though their small boxes are too short).

Also in Henrietta is Innovative Restaurant Supply on W. henrietta Rd, east of Marketplace Mall.
http://www.shopinnovative.com/
Their prices are pretty high. They have boxes, boards, cake drums, Americolors, and a few other things. I told the owner to get rid of the Wilton stuff and replace it with some better brands. After that he did get the Americolors and more cake boards/drums, so if you want something in particular, they will try to get it. I also get pizza boxes here to use for storing decorated sugar cookies. Oh, and they also get rich's bettercream. I think I saw some Satin Ice fondant there, but it was really expensive.

In Fairport we have Candy Nation on Main Street. Park in the library parking lot. They have limited hours. They carry chocolate molds, some CK products, such as sprinkles and piping gel (no tylose though).

Also in the library parking lot is the Red Bird Market. They have tons of sprinkles at good prices. They have every color of non parielles and they are generally only 99 cents a pack. Since I am only a hobby baker, the packs are big enough for me.

Then there is Hobby Lobby in Webster. They are closed on Sundays. They now carry Americolors, for just $1.18 a bottle. They have Wilton, but they also are starting to carry other brands of certain items. They have some corrugated plastic cake boards which look pretty good, non-Wilton cardboard cake boards which are pretty rerasonably priced, cookie cutters, molds to make the candy gemstones. For some reason I cannot remember if you can use the joann's & michael's coupons there. Some of the m&t bank ATM machines will give Hobby Lobby coupons on the back of the receipts.

LindaF144a Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LindaF144a Posted 2 Sep 2010 , 5:15pm
post #3 of 5

Wow, you have just named every place I haunt. Are you shadowing me? icon_wink.gif

Yep, that is just about it in the Rochester NY area. We still don't know if she meant here or one of the other Rochesters in the country.

I have to say that I love Niblacks the most. They always have what I'm looking for.

JodieF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JodieF Posted 8 Sep 2010 , 12:12am
post #4 of 5

Can't help with the cake stuff in Rochester, but my husband grew up there. He moved here to St. Louis for a job 9 years ago and found me! icon_biggrin.gif He doesn't miss the snow at all!

Jodie

jozsmith Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jozsmith Posted 8 Sep 2013 , 11:47am
post #5 of 5

AI'd like to add few more to the list: Lagoner Farms in Williamson (route 21) has a good selection of sprinkles, nuts etc. Great prices too. For cookie cutters I always check out Cooks World on Monroe and Dans Crafts on Empire Blvd. None of these places are huge, but I often find just what I'm looking for.also, Dont forget to pull up coupons on your phone for Michaels, Joanna and Hobby Lobby. You can almost always get 40-50% off one item!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%