Need Idea For 2Yr Old Girl

Decorating By cloetzu Updated 20 Aug 2010 , 9:30pm by DetailsByDawn

cloetzu Posted 18 Aug 2010 , 12:57pm
post #1 of 4

I need to make a cake for my daughter for her NameDay (check out this link for a definition/explanation: ...

she loves Dora so that would be a good idea but I made her a Dora cake for her birthday not too long ago (pics are in my gallery) so wanted something different this time.

I want to keep it to one layer...any size or shape... I prefer to use fondant or buttercream with lots of fondant/gumpaste embellishments...

She also loves Toopy and Binoo, and Calliou but i'm not convinced that they'd make nice cakes for a girl... she also loves purses and shoes but not sure if that is too 'grown up' for a 2 yr old?

any ideas??

3 replies
ncsmorris Posted 18 Aug 2010 , 2:00pm
post #2 of 4

Since she loves purses and shoes, what about a "dress up" theme? Something like this:

But of course you could make it smaller...

hollyml Posted 20 Aug 2010 , 8:43pm
post #3 of 4

I agree that you can do purses and shoes in a toddler-appropriate way by making it a "dress up" theme -- super-glittery low-heel slides and pumps, instead of stilettos, you know?

But I think I'd just make a simple cake in her favorite colors and top it with sculpted or cut-out letters to spell out her name. icon_smile.gif ...since it's a Name Day cake...

DetailsByDawn Posted 20 Aug 2010 , 9:30pm
post #4 of 4

I did a Toopy & Binoo cake for 2 little girls (in my pics) and I agree that it's not the girliest cake in the world. My original design for the cake included clouds. I've attached 2 pics below - cakes that were designed by Melody Brandon from the Sweet and Saucy Shop (She does great work!!). I really wanted to incorporate the cloud theme and put the T&B figures on top, since they're always off in the clouds anyway! My idea didn't come to fruition, but maybe it might work for you. The blog page is and she gives tips on how to make the clouds in the first cake. The second one is a bit more like champagne bubbles, but still adorable. Good luck! Hope this helped!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%