Cupcake Bouquet

Baking By Aish90 Updated 19 Aug 2010 , 2:17am by Aish90

Aish90 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Aish90 Posted 18 Aug 2010 , 9:23am
post #1 of 6

Hi,
Does anyone know where I can find a tutorial on how I can make roses for to make cupcake bouquet?

Aisha

5 replies
leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 18 Aug 2010 , 10:41am
post #2 of 6

What type of roses are you looking for? Do you have a picture of what you want? There are some that you just use a large start tip (either 1M or 2M) and do a swirl. Others you can use the large rose tip and just make your rose on the cupcake instead of a nail.

Aish90 Posted 18 Aug 2010 , 7:29pm
post #3 of 6

Hi thanks for your reply icon_smile.gif

I want to make something like the one on this link on cake central:

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=592363

Is there some sort of technique to make the rose look like a rose? because my friend made one but it did not look like a rose....it looked like...a swirl trying to be a rose :s

Thanks for your help

Aisha

kcassano Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kcassano Posted 18 Aug 2010 , 7:41pm
post #4 of 6

there is a cupcake bouquet in my pics. i just used the large tip (i think like 22...the one u use to make normal swirl). instead of starting on the outside (to make a traditional swirl), start on the inside and work your way out and around. it also looks like they used two colors of icing in one bag for their roses, which adds a nice depth. i've done this before and it is pretty cool looking. HTH. good luck.

SugarBakers05 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarBakers05 Posted 18 Aug 2010 , 7:49pm
post #5 of 6

She used a 1M tip, but it looks like she did a different technique for the swirls. Instead of doing a continuous swirl around the cupcake, it looks like she did a small swirl, starting in the center, then a half swirl around that and so on.. maybe she angles her tip as well...I went through her photos of different bouquets she's done, and she says in one of them she uses the 1M tip. I just studied the pics real close and figure that's how she did it. Hopefully she sees your question and gives the full answer

Aish90 Posted 19 Aug 2010 , 2:17am
post #6 of 6

Thank you all for your help icon_smile.gif
I am going to try and make them....

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%