Company Name And Slogan

Business By sweethaven09 Updated 20 Aug 2010 , 3:05am by scp1127

sweethaven09 Posted 18 Aug 2010 , 5:33am
post #1 of 6

Hi everyone, I'm trying to come up with a slogan and a name for my business, but I think I've hit baker's block...because everything I come up with either doesn't sound right, or someone already has the name. I want something unique and catchy. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!

5 replies
jason_kraft Posted 18 Aug 2010 , 5:39am
post #2 of 6

What are your specialties?

sweethaven09 Posted 18 Aug 2010 , 7:33am
post #3 of 6

I'm specializing in custom design cakes, using buttercream and fondant. I can also do gumpaste flowers and figures.

myslady Posted 18 Aug 2010 , 4:44pm
post #4 of 6

I like baker's block.

jason_kraft Posted 18 Aug 2010 , 5:02pm
post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweethaven09

I'm specializing in custom design cakes, using buttercream and fondant. I can also do gumpaste flowers and figures.

That's a pretty common specialty...I was driving at a product or service you offer that sets you apart from the competition. Once you identify this product or service, the slogan should come naturally.

scp1127 Posted 20 Aug 2010 , 3:05am
post #6 of 6

Go to web sites in big cities (use yellow pages search). You don't need to copy them, but write a bunch of catchy things down, and that will usually get your creative juices flowing. I had a little marketing company on the side and I sold advertising as my real job. Every media sales company has copies of all of their competition. It helps to find your place in the market and takes you in directions you may not have thought about. This is a great tool. Even college text books tell you to get inspiration from the big guys. They paid alot of money to get it right. Just don't copy... make it about you.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%