Craft Fair Ideas

Decorating By KsCakes09 Updated 29 Aug 2010 , 2:47pm by KsCakes09

KsCakes09 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KsCakes09 Posted 17 Aug 2010 , 8:34pm
post #1 of 7

I'm going to my first craft fair in Nov. & would love some feedback on what are good things to make. what do people usually like to see there? I've never even attended one so I'm really stumped & don't want to have a lot of things no one wants. thanks.

6 replies
regbevjon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
regbevjon Posted 19 Aug 2010 , 1:36am
post #2 of 7

Hi there. I do a fair almost every November.....except this past one, I was unfortunately having cancer surgery.
One of my MOST popular items that time of year is gourmet candy coated caramel apples. If you look at my pics, there is a picture of a display from my booth from November before last.
Hope this helps you a little and all the best to a successful outcome in November!

didavista Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
didavista Posted 24 Aug 2010 , 12:35am
post #3 of 7

In my opinion, nice displays (cake dummies or portfolio) of what you can do (by order) you could maybe theme it towards Christmas orders. Then make things that are easy to buy and consume there. Cupcakes could show different flavors of cake and icing combos. Candies, decorated cookies, etc. If I am at something like that I would always buy something small that I can eat there, to cure my sweet tooth. My mom always set up a craft table at her church with knitted things, but always included cookies and fudge. Every year she sold out of the baked goods. I will stop babbling now hth

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 24 Aug 2010 , 1:51am
post #4 of 7

My experience has been only things they can eat right then and there is what they will want. Cookies - several small ones in a bag; suckers; lg marshmellows dipped in choco on a sucker stick; extra stuffed Oreas dipped in choco on a stick.
Pretzel rods again dipped in choco - maybe decorated w/climbing santas. Brownies - different kinds; cut into 2" sqs.
Mini loaves of quick breads.........carrot; pineapple; fresh apple; gumdrop; pumpkin (or squash!)...are a few choices.
Small plates of mixture of dipped crackers; Oreos; pretzes twists (minis) can be used as hostest gift or added to a 'sweet table' display for the office party. I think I have a pix or two in my gallery.

KsCakes09 Posted 24 Aug 2010 , 10:50pm
post #5 of 7

regbevjon- sorry to hear about your surgery..hope you are doing well.

kakaladi, didavista - thanks for the great tips, I will definitely make some of those things. My dilema now is I have no idea how much to make. The fair is from 9am-3pm...so how do you figure out how much stuff to bring so you don't run out or you don't have way too much left over? Like I said I have never been to one of these events so I don't have the slightest idea what kind of turn out they have.

cupcakeatheart Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakeatheart Posted 27 Aug 2010 , 5:31pm
post #6 of 7

I am also doing my first craft fair table in October. Do you suggest taking credit cards there or just stucking to cash?

KsCakes09 Posted 29 Aug 2010 , 2:47pm
post #7 of 7

I would stick to cash myself. (I don't have a way to process cc's)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%