Eggless Cake?? Please Help!

Baking By ilztar Updated 18 Aug 2010 , 12:47am by tigerhawk83

ilztar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ilztar Posted 17 Aug 2010 , 4:04pm
post #1 of 3

I have a request for an eggless cake. Does anyone have a recipe that is exceptional in taste and texture? I need it by Aug. 23rd.

Thanks to all. icon_smile.gif

2 replies
icedideas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icedideas Posted 17 Aug 2010 , 4:35pm
post #2 of 3

I found one that I use for my kids cakes that is allergy free (no eggs, milk, etc) that seems to be pretty good for an eggless cake anyway. It is just a vanilla cake. The recipe is:
3 cups cake flour (MUST use "cake flour")
1 3/4 cups sugar
1 1/4 cup water
1/2 cup shortening
3 T. water, 3 T. oil, 2 tsp baking powder all mixed together (THIIS IS THE EGG SUBSTITUTE)
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract

Preheat to 350. Grease pans (2-6" rounds). Mix all ingredients using a mixer until well blended or approx 4 min. Bake 40-45 minutes or until done. Cool at least 10 minutes before removing.
*Baking powder is intentionally listed twice because the first time is in the combo for the egg substitute. If it doesn't have to be dairy free and you can use milk, use whole milk or buttermilk unstead of water (it helps the texture). Make sure to throughly grease pans because this recipe does tend to stick in the pans.

Hope this helps!!

tigerhawk83 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tigerhawk83 Posted 18 Aug 2010 , 12:47am
post #3 of 3

There is an excellent chocolate cake on allrecipes.com -- it makes a big volume but was quite moist. I made it for my business partner's dad who is vegan and they loved it - but even my non-vegan chocolate loving dad liked it.

Here's the link
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Eggless-Chocolate-Cake-II/Detail.aspx

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%