Cake Printer

Decorating By learningtodecorate Updated 24 Aug 2010 , 2:01am by icingimages

learningtodecorate Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
learningtodecorate Posted 17 Aug 2010 , 2:37pm
post #1 of 7

I was wondering if anyone knows anything about cake printer. I was in the process of buying a cake printer off ebay, ant the person selling it stated that the printer doesn't matter the ink is what matters. the ink has to be edible as well as the papers. Is this true? She stated she has sold some of these printers to other people with at home cake business.

6 replies
cakesdivine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesdivine Posted 17 Aug 2010 , 2:41pm
post #2 of 7

It depends on the program you are using. Some printer brands don't make a food safe version of their inks. Canon and Epson do, but you must purchase your inks from Kopy kake or other company that specializes in these types of printers. You can't just go to Wally world and pick up any printer.

learningtodecorate Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
learningtodecorate Posted 17 Aug 2010 , 2:43pm
post #3 of 7

The name of the printer is Epson (NX415) all in one scanner, printer, fax, and copier.

Uniqueask Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Uniqueask Posted 17 Aug 2010 , 3:01pm
post #4 of 7

I have a Cannon MP560 That I bought from Wally World, and www.icingimages.com sells the edible ink for it, you have to make sure you use it only for edible stuff only, you cannot convert a printer that was already used from regular ink, becauseof the residue.

icingimages Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingimages Posted 23 Aug 2010 , 12:10pm
post #5 of 7

The printer does matter as it has to be compatable with the edible inks. Canon MP560 or ip3600 are the two best out there right now.

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 23 Aug 2010 , 6:50pm
post #6 of 7

I just recently replaced my epson with the Canon MP560 and started using icingimages gold label ink............what a difference from KK ink. I'm a convert.

icingimages Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingimages Posted 24 Aug 2010 , 2:01am
post #7 of 7

Glad to hear you like our ink!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%