Grade School Bridal Shower

Decorating By MommaDukes Updated 17 Aug 2010 , 11:46pm by Katiebelle74

MommaDukes Posted 17 Aug 2010 , 12:10pm
post #1 of 10

Help! I friend of the family is having a bridal shower with a grade school theme, the bride is a teacher.
I need ideas for the cake other than a back to school cake.
Will you be kind enough to HELP!

9 replies
CNCS Posted 17 Aug 2010 , 1:41pm
post #2 of 10
cutthecake Posted 17 Aug 2010 , 2:09pm
post #3 of 10

That's a relief. I thought the bride was IN grade school!

leah_s Posted 17 Aug 2010 , 2:14pm
post #4 of 10

OMG, cutthecake, I clicked into this thread thinking the same thing. Whew!!

eve81 Posted 17 Aug 2010 , 2:15pm
post #5 of 10

Love that notebook cake. Or you could do something similar with a blackboard and chalk?
do schools still use blackboard and chalk or is it all laptops icon_wink.gif

MommaDukes Posted 17 Aug 2010 , 2:20pm
post #6 of 10

icon_redface.gif sorry 'bout shocking yall! Nope Sember Sue is a grade school graduate. icon_biggrin.gif

Hey in some places the bride made have been in grade school back in the day.

cutthecake Posted 17 Aug 2010 , 4:54pm
post #7 of 10

I just stopped subbing in our local grade schools. The chalkboards are all covered up with dry-erase boards and posters and all sorts of stuff. Whenever I wanted to write my name for the kids to see, I had to find a piece of paper and tape it to the video monitor or something else conspicuous. No more chalk boards.

jjpow Posted 17 Aug 2010 , 5:13pm
post #8 of 10

Here is a education themed cake that i did. Maybe it will give you some ideas. icon_smile.gifImage

imagenthatnj Posted 17 Aug 2010 , 6:50pm
post #9 of 10

browneyedbaker has a bridal shower cake that doesn't look like a back-to-school cake. It has just hints (a ruler border) and a silo of a man on one knee with an apple on his hand...and flowers. It's a fall themed bridal shower cake, but maybe you could use it for ideas.

Katiebelle74 Posted 17 Aug 2010 , 11:46pm
post #10 of 10

what about a teacher's (chalk or dry erase board) with the bride and groom's names with a plus sign and a heart drawn on it (like kids do) made of gumpaste sitting on one of the tiers. Some little hand molded apples decorating the cake, maybe even paired with some sunflowers (to bring in primary red, yellow, colors and then add blue accents). Maybe even mold some blue "crayons" out of fondant (if you have an edible printer you could even copy crayon wrappers) then draw some blue hearts on the cake like a kid took the crayon and drew hearts on it, you could do all three colors of hearts for that matter, or even add butterflies and simple little flowers. The kind of sweet cute thing a kid with a big crush would do.

Quote by @%username% on %date%