I Have A Stupid Question

Baking By vaniti716 Updated 17 Aug 2010 , 11:47pm by kansaslaura

vaniti716 Posted 17 Aug 2010 , 4:18am
post #1 of 7

I wanted to know if anyone has ever heard of putting cream cheese in a box red velvet cake mix???? someone told me to add some cream cheese in order to give that extra little flavor kick but i have not tried it. pls help me... icon_biggrin.gif

6 replies
mamawrobin Posted 17 Aug 2010 , 4:29am
post #2 of 7

No I've never heard of doing that. If you want a really good Red Velvet Cake try Cakeman Raven's recipe or Paula Deens....very easy to follow recipes even if you're not use to baking from scratch.

FleurDeCake Posted 17 Aug 2010 , 4:33am
post #3 of 7

If you go to http://sugarteachers.blogspot.com/2010/07/creating-scrolls-on-your-cake-by-denise.html
Tonedna has a recipe for A pistachio cake that she adds cream cheese to . It sounds really delicious and I don't see why you couldnt use it in red velvet . HTH

mbark Posted 17 Aug 2010 , 4:42am
post #4 of 7

it would definitely make it more of a dense, pound-cake like texture I would think

vaniti716 Posted 17 Aug 2010 , 11:19pm
post #5 of 7

thank u all for your reply....i am going to try it and let u guys know how it comes out icon_smile.gif

TrixieTreats Posted 17 Aug 2010 , 11:28pm
post #6 of 7

Yes, this is very common to do this just as you might use sour cream, even mayo(yes, mayo!!!).
I have never tried it personally...but it is common, and I have heard that it is very good. I use sour cream in all of my cakes.

kansaslaura Posted 17 Aug 2010 , 11:47pm
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrixieTreats

Yes, this is very common to do this just as you might use sour cream, even mayo(yes, mayo!!!).
I have never tried it personally...but it is common, and I have heard that it is very good. I use sour cream in all of my cakes.

Mayo is awesome in cakes--It's just eggs and oil basically anyway. I haven't used that in a longgggg time but I know it works!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%