I Have A Stupid Question

Baking By vaniti716 Updated 17 Aug 2010 , 11:47pm by kansaslaura

vaniti716 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vaniti716 Posted 17 Aug 2010 , 4:18am
post #1 of 7

I wanted to know if anyone has ever heard of putting cream cheese in a box red velvet cake mix???? someone told me to add some cream cheese in order to give that extra little flavor kick but i have not tried it. pls help me... icon_biggrin.gif

6 replies
mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 17 Aug 2010 , 4:29am
post #2 of 7

No I've never heard of doing that. If you want a really good Red Velvet Cake try Cakeman Raven's recipe or Paula Deens....very easy to follow recipes even if you're not use to baking from scratch.

FleurDeCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FleurDeCake Posted 17 Aug 2010 , 4:33am
post #3 of 7

If you go to http://sugarteachers.blogspot.com/2010/07/creating-scrolls-on-your-cake-by-denise.html
Tonedna has a recipe for A pistachio cake that she adds cream cheese to . It sounds really delicious and I don't see why you couldnt use it in red velvet . HTH

mbark Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbark Posted 17 Aug 2010 , 4:42am
post #4 of 7

it would definitely make it more of a dense, pound-cake like texture I would think

vaniti716 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vaniti716 Posted 17 Aug 2010 , 11:19pm
post #5 of 7

thank u all for your reply....i am going to try it and let u guys know how it comes out icon_smile.gif

TrixieTreats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TrixieTreats Posted 17 Aug 2010 , 11:28pm
post #6 of 7

Yes, this is very common to do this just as you might use sour cream, even mayo(yes, mayo!!!).
I have never tried it personally...but it is common, and I have heard that it is very good. I use sour cream in all of my cakes.

kansaslaura Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kansaslaura Posted 17 Aug 2010 , 11:47pm
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrixieTreats

Yes, this is very common to do this just as you might use sour cream, even mayo(yes, mayo!!!).
I have never tried it personally...but it is common, and I have heard that it is very good. I use sour cream in all of my cakes.

Mayo is awesome in cakes--It's just eggs and oil basically anyway. I haven't used that in a longgggg time but I know it works!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%