Does This Look Like Fuchsia?

Decorating By cakeflake80 Updated 17 Aug 2010 , 10:54pm by Elcee

cakeflake80 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeflake80 Posted 17 Aug 2010 , 2:59am
post #1 of 9

I made this cake last night for a friend who loves daisies, and the color fuchsia. I've never had such trouble with a color in my life!! I searched the forums and other sites for color charts, and followed them.....but I still don't think it looks fuchsia. Is fuchsia basically magenta? I'm worried because my friend wants cupcakes for a bridal shower next month, iced in fuchsia. If I had that much trouble coloring gumpaste, I can only imagine what troubles I will have trying to color buttercream! I started with Americolor electric pink, then added a small amount of purple. It got way too purple, so I added more pink but then it looked more like dusty rose. I added tiny amounts of blue and ended up with this color.....but I don't feel like it's purple enough. What do you think? And any suggestions on how to get a perfect shade of fuchsia?

8 replies
cakeflake80 Posted 17 Aug 2010 , 3:04am
post #2 of 9

Sorry...I couldn't get the picture to attach. It's the first cake in my pics....the daisy cake.

sandeeb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sandeeb Posted 17 Aug 2010 , 4:36am
post #3 of 9

Hi, I think the color looks like fuchsia, to me anyway. Maybe it's a little too dark but otherwise I think it is pretty close. icon_smile.gif

sandeeb

srkmilklady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
srkmilklady Posted 17 Aug 2010 , 5:07am
post #4 of 9

There is the Americolor Fuchsia. I'm sorry, I've tried to attach the color but it isn't working for some reason. If you google Americolor Fuchsia, you will see the actual color.

Hope this helps!

alleykat1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alleykat1 Posted 17 Aug 2010 , 5:40am
post #5 of 9

looks like fushsia to me

srkmilklady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
srkmilklady Posted 17 Aug 2010 , 3:26pm
post #6 of 9

This is the link that has a fuchsia color swatch.

http://www.globalsugarart.com/cat.php?cid=858&s=45&name=AMERICOLOR/Americolor%20Gel%20Paste%20Colors

Almost like a very bright purple/pink color.

ambercscott87 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ambercscott87 Posted 17 Aug 2010 , 5:41pm
post #7 of 9

It looks like fuchsia to me. =)

cakeflake80 Posted 17 Aug 2010 , 5:54pm
post #8 of 9

Thanks! Now that I see the Americolor swatch, I feel I should have added just a touch more purple. I'll know better next time. I plan on ordering some of the americolor fuchsia coloring this week!

Elcee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elcee Posted 17 Aug 2010 , 10:54pm
post #9 of 9

I recently used Americolor fuschia and it didn't look like the swatch in the link...I wish it had...I was only making a smll amount of gumpaste with it and decided to use Duff's electric pink instead. I'm sure I'll use the fuschia as it was pretty, just not what I was expecting.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%