How Do I Attack This Scooby Doo Cake??

Decorating By Devinedesigns Updated 20 Aug 2010 , 12:01am by Devinedesigns

Devinedesigns Posted 17 Aug 2010 , 1:45am
post #1 of 6

Hi there,
I am fairly new at this game. I have had a request for the cake below. Can anyone help?? I am not sure how i should do it? I need help with shaping the cake as well as decorating????
PLEASE HELP icon_biggrin.gif
The photo is the only photo in my photos.... Please have a look as i am unable to attach it to the forum?

5 replies
Devinedesigns Posted 17 Aug 2010 , 1:47am
post #2 of 6

How do i add an attachment to my post??

leily Posted 17 Aug 2010 , 6:16pm
post #3 of 6

I would make a sheet cake and then cut and stack for the appropriate shape to get the van.

However I wouldn't sell it because Scooby Doo, and the mystery machine are copyrighted/trademarked items and it's illegal to reproduce them. I know that there are cake kits with scooby doo and the van though, you may want to look into one of those instead.

denisel Posted 17 Aug 2010 , 9:08pm
post #4 of 6

i made one recently for a friends child . i baked 2 8" cakes and stacked on top of each other .i then cut 2" of one side and then joined this on to the end to make the van longer. i then rounded the front a bit and just copied the shape of the van.

this is the way i did it prob not the best but hope its a help

still_learning Posted 19 Aug 2010 , 10:29pm
post #5 of 6

I basically did the same thing as denisel. I printed out pics of the van from google images and blew them up to the size of the cake. I used those as templates to cut out most of the decorations including the wording on the side. I just used a flower cutter for all the orange flowers - it wasn't exactly the same but nobody noticed and the cake was for a friend. There's a book (maybe Debbie brown) that has instructions on how to make Scooby and Shaggy but not the van. Good luck - let us know if you gave more questions!

Devinedesigns Posted 20 Aug 2010 , 12:01am
post #6 of 6

Thank you soo much for all of your help! I will give it a go and see how i go.

Quote by @%username% on %date%