How Do I Attack This Scooby Doo Cake??

Decorating By Devinedesigns Updated 20 Aug 2010 , 12:01am by Devinedesigns

Devinedesigns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Devinedesigns Posted 17 Aug 2010 , 1:45am
post #1 of 6

Hi there,
I am fairly new at this game. I have had a request for the cake below. Can anyone help?? I am not sure how i should do it? I need help with shaping the cake as well as decorating????
PLEASE HELP icon_biggrin.gif
The photo is the only photo in my photos.... Please have a look as i am unable to attach it to the forum?

5 replies
Devinedesigns Posted 17 Aug 2010 , 1:47am
post #2 of 6

How do i add an attachment to my post??

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 17 Aug 2010 , 6:16pm
post #3 of 6

I would make a sheet cake and then cut and stack for the appropriate shape to get the van.

However I wouldn't sell it because Scooby Doo, and the mystery machine are copyrighted/trademarked items and it's illegal to reproduce them. I know that there are cake kits with scooby doo and the van though, you may want to look into one of those instead.

denisel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
denisel Posted 17 Aug 2010 , 9:08pm
post #4 of 6

i made one recently for a friends child . i baked 2 8" cakes and stacked on top of each other .i then cut 2" of one side and then joined this on to the end to make the van longer. i then rounded the front a bit and just copied the shape of the van.

this is the way i did it prob not the best but hope its a help

still_learning Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
still_learning Posted 19 Aug 2010 , 10:29pm
post #5 of 6

I basically did the same thing as denisel. I printed out pics of the van from google images and blew them up to the size of the cake. I used those as templates to cut out most of the decorations including the wording on the side. I just used a flower cutter for all the orange flowers - it wasn't exactly the same but nobody noticed and the cake was for a friend. There's a book (maybe Debbie brown) that has instructions on how to make Scooby and Shaggy but not the van. Good luck - let us know if you gave more questions!

Devinedesigns Posted 20 Aug 2010 , 12:01am
post #6 of 6

Thank you soo much for all of your help! I will give it a go and see how i go.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%