Cupcake Wars--A Change For The Better?

Baking By Gingoodies Updated 17 Aug 2010 , 1:36pm by sugarcheryl

Gingoodies Posted 16 Aug 2010 , 6:53pm
post #1 of 9

I caught a repeat, of the most recent episode of Cupcake Wars, last night and noticed that the format of the competition has changed.

There are different judges, although the "Sprinkles" lady is still there and I did notice that the round where the contestants are to bake the 1,000 cupcakes has an increased time limit from 2 hrs to 4 hrs. Which in my opinion is a little more reasonable. I also noted that when the first elimination round was over, the 3 remaining competitors had to submit a design for their potential display for the event.

Overall, I didn't think that the changes made the show any better. I was not a fan to begin with and probably will not go out of my way to watch now.

8 replies
BethLS Posted 16 Aug 2010 , 10:09pm
post #2 of 9

I noticed this too and was wondering if there was a particular reason for this episode to be different. (aside from the obvious reason of the time crunch!) I didnt know that it was from here on out! I'm glad they realized the time frame they were using to create 1000 cupcakes was ridiculous...

But I tend to agree with you, I'm not a fan. Give me Cake Boss anyday! icon_biggrin.gif

TrixieTreats Posted 16 Aug 2010 , 10:23pm
post #3 of 9

I assumed the episode was maybe the pilot episode due to the changes in format and the overall inferior production quality. The "studio" is sort of make-shift in appearance compared to the other episodes, and you see them walking around outside in a sort of tented area. I really don't like this show either. I love cake boss too!

cylstrial Posted 16 Aug 2010 , 10:26pm
post #4 of 9

I'm amost 100% positive that it was the pilot episode from summer 2009.

LindaF144a Posted 16 Aug 2010 , 11:42pm
post #5 of 9

Yeah, if it was the one that was on for the Alma awards that was from last season. I haven't seen any new ones in a few weeks.

Gingoodies Posted 16 Aug 2010 , 11:56pm
post #6 of 9

I had no clue that this was on FTV as early as last summer. It was the show for the ALMA awards. They should have kept the 4 hour time limit for the 1,000 cupcakes. I still don't like the show. icon_sad.gif

tarheelgirl Posted 17 Aug 2010 , 12:12am
post #7 of 9

It was an older episode! I thought it looked odd and clicked for information. Definitely from 2009.

Pallison Posted 17 Aug 2010 , 12:34am
post #8 of 9

I didn't know it was on in 2009.....I like the show in spite of it's goofiness....2 of the contestants on this episode have been on other episodes...the man with his wife helping, have appeared before, except she was the one the focus was on and he was the helper...she came in second...and the younger woman with long dark hair has been on another episode....I personally thought the live woman in the middle of the cupcake display was just stupid....but that's just me.....!

sugarcheryl Posted 17 Aug 2010 , 1:36pm
post #9 of 9

Yes I saw last year episode and did not like it. This year is better but it's not the greatest I watch it to get ideas that's about it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%