I am in need of a banana cupcake recipe that is out of this world. I am hoping you can help me.
Thanks, Julie D
Go to allrecipes.com.
Try Duncan Hines white cake mix and Bananas (babyfood) already processed. Adjust water level.
I get great reviews from this recipe. Freezes really well also.
Sour Cream Banana Cupakes
3/4 cup caster/superfine sugar
1 teas vanilla
3/4c sour cream
2c mashed banana
2 1/4c self raising flour
1/4 teas bi-carb soda
2 teas cinammon (i add a bit more)
- cream butter, sugar and vanilla
- add eggs
- mix in by hand, banana and sour cream
- add flour and cinammon
makes approx 24 cupcakes
note: I sometimes add chopped pecans to batter and ice cupcakes with cream cheese icing. HTH
I've been wanting to try other banana cake recipes but I like this pretty well so I stick with it. It is from an older Betty Crocker Cook Book.
2 1/3 cups flour
1 2/3 cups sugar
1 1/4 cup mashed banana
2/3 cup margarine, butter or oil (I've used margarine most often and oil works well too)
2/3 cup buttermilk
1 1/4 tsp baking powder
1 1/4 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
2/3 cup chopped nuts - optional
Heat oven 350 degrees. Grease /flour 13 x 9 or 2 9" etc. Beat all ingredients in large mixer bowl on low speed 30 seconds, beat on high 3 min, scraping occasionally. Bake 45 - 50 minutes.
I tried Martha Stewarts and it was delicious.
I just made this one. It was delicious.
all these sound wonderful!! YUM!!
This is the one I use...
* 1/2 cup shortening
* 1 1/2 cups sugar
* 2 eggs
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 1 cup mashed ripe bananas
* 1/4 cup buttermilk
* 2 cups all-purpose flour
* 1 teaspoon baking powder
* 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
* 2 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
* 3 tablespoons milk
1. In a large mixing bowl, cream shortening and sugar. Add the eggs, vanilla, bananas and buttermilk. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to banana mixture. Fill 18 paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
2. Bake at 350 degrees F for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Remove to wire racks to cool completely. In a small mixing bowl, cream the butter, sugar and enough milk to achieve desired spreading consistency. Frost cupcakes