Where To Look For Gumpaste Flowers?

Decorating By MacsMom Updated 26 Aug 2010 , 4:32pm by MacsMom

MacsMom Posted 16 Aug 2010 , 5:09pm
post #1 of 15

I am not up to making 30 gumpaste orchids for an upcoming wedding cake, but searching Google has been a headache trying to find gumpaste orchids (some green, some pink, at least 3").

Does anyone out there have a favorite website to purchase gumpaste flowers? GSA didn't have the flowers I am looking for. icon_sad.gif

14 replies
Kimmers971 Posted 16 Aug 2010 , 5:21pm
post #2 of 15

I just bought mine from http://www.discountsugarflowers.com/ and they were great quality, price & shipping. .

Uniqueask Posted 16 Aug 2010 , 5:24pm
post #3 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmers971

I just bought mine from http://www.discountsugarflowers.com/ and they were great quality, price & shipping. .

Ditto and there is also
www.Dianescakesandmore.com her flowers are superb.

MacsMom Posted 17 Aug 2010 , 6:43pm
post #4 of 15

Okay, thanks! I guess I'll go ahead and use discountsugarflowers.com

I just thought that the among all of us cakers on CC there would be more choices I haven't been able to find! detective.gif

icon_smile.gif

Uniqueask Posted 17 Aug 2010 , 6:58pm
post #5 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacsMom

I just thought that the among all of us cakers on CC there would be more choices I haven't been able to find! detective.gif

icon_smile.gif

Have you even checked out the link I posted, you can at least compare prices.

MacsMom Posted 17 Aug 2010 , 7:20pm
post #6 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uniqueask

Quote:

icon_smile.gif

Yes I did, but I didn't see the orchids I need. DSF has them in both the pink and green...

Texas_Rose Posted 17 Aug 2010 , 7:29pm
post #7 of 15

Cal java has nice flowers...most of the gumpaste flowers I see being sold don't look as good as homemade, but theirs do, especially their Signature section.

http://www.caljavaonline.com/orchid3.htm
http://www.caljavaonline.com/sf-orchids1.htm

StacyR Posted 17 Aug 2010 , 7:31pm
post #8 of 15

I've seen a lot of people popping up on www.etsy.com with them. They're beautifully done and made to order, so you can get the color you want. I would be hesistant about not knowing where they're coming from, but that's your decision. Anyway, just something I recently noticed.

MacsMom Posted 19 Aug 2010 , 11:29pm
post #9 of 15

OMG, I ordered from WSF Tues and they arrived already! thumbs_up.gif

MacsMom Posted 20 Aug 2010 , 10:46pm
post #10 of 15

ugh... client wants bigger and brighter. Off to search some more...

KoryAK Posted 20 Aug 2010 , 10:48pm
post #11 of 15

Can't help on bigger, but you can always airbrush them whatever colors you need for the "brighter"

sugarshack Posted 21 Aug 2010 , 2:00am
post #12 of 15

try cakedeco.com

MacsMom Posted 21 Aug 2010 , 2:52pm
post #13 of 15

I made the mistake of showing her a flower that I purchased from cakedeco last year - she loved it and they no longer carry it!

As much as I know CC isn't friends with Sugar Craft, I can only find a 5" orchid there. I am still searching, though.

Yes, I will have to buy white and airbrush them - finally a reason to buy an airbrush! Sep is going to be an expensive month, I think I also have to buy the cricut for another wedding cake... icon_eek.gif

Uniqueask Posted 23 Aug 2010 , 5:37pm
post #14 of 15
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uniqueask

Quote:

icon_smile.gif

Yes I did, but I didn't see the orchids I need. DSF has them in both the pink and green...

Did not mean to sound rude, looking back at my post it seems rude to me, I think you can call, and ask Diane to make what you don't see, and she will make them for you, If I remember correctly.

MacsMom Posted 26 Aug 2010 , 4:32pm
post #15 of 15

OMG, I am so glad I waited before ordering! She called and said she'd rather do fresh flowers!! I would've spent a lot of money to buy enough 5" flowers...

I don't mind making them, but I just don't have the time and patience to make 30 orchids. Perhaps now I will begin making a few petals at a time just in case I get in this situation again, lol.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%