Problem To Beat Butter & Sugar Until Pale White

Baking By wjntbc Updated 18 Aug 2010 , 3:06am by wjntbc

wjntbc Posted 16 Aug 2010 , 2:07pm
post #1 of 8

Why I have problem to dissolve the sugar into butter in electric mixer and the butter seems difficult to turn into fluffy and light? Is it the volume of the mixture is too little to beat by the electric mixer? e.g 1 cup butter 3/4 cup sugar - is this volume too little to beat?

If the sugar does not completely dissolve into butter or the butter does not turn into pale and fluffy form before adding the egg, will this cause the cake chewy, tough, dry and dense?

Jan

7 replies
Moondance Posted 16 Aug 2010 , 5:15pm
post #2 of 8

Is your beater in the mixer reaching the bottom and sides of the bowl? If it isn't you mixture won't be incorporated properly - Other than that, try with a hand electric mixer - good luck

leah_s Posted 16 Aug 2010 , 10:55pm
post #3 of 8

How long are you beating it?

BethEK Posted 16 Aug 2010 , 11:15pm
post #4 of 8

Is your butter too cold?

wjntbc Posted 17 Aug 2010 , 2:57am
post #5 of 8

I think the beater problem i have checked it doesn't reach the bottom neither the side.

wjntbc Posted 17 Aug 2010 , 7:24am
post #6 of 8

I have brought the mixer back to the shop for exchange however it will be needed to send back to the manufacturer for service. By the way is it all the mixer must touch the bottom (almost) and the side bowl? I have no experience with mixer as this is the first time. However I recalled my mom got one and it was touch to the bottom but I am not sure whether all mixer come with the same design. How about yours?

LindaF144a Posted 17 Aug 2010 , 2:37pm
post #7 of 8

I'm sorry, I have to ask. Are you using a translator to convert your language into English?

And what kind of mixer did you use? Hand or stand? And the question that Leah asked is important. How long did you mix it?

wjntbc Posted 18 Aug 2010 , 3:06am
post #8 of 8

I used the double beater hand/stand mixer. I tried to beat another batch by holding the mixer for about 10 minutes, the result is better now at least the butter turn to pale yellow, however the caster sugar still can't incorporated into the butter completely and I still can feel the sandy touch.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%