mtotowayesu Posted 16 Aug 2010 , 8:12am
post #1 of

I ws looking at the Indydebi crisco based buttercream icing and was wondering Is it 1&1/3 cups of crisco or is it 1/3 cup of crisco?. I really need to try it on a cake due this weekend.

29 replies
indydebi Posted 16 Aug 2010 , 8:31am
post #2 of

one plus 1/3 cups (give or take)! icon_smile.gif

doramoreno62 Posted 16 Aug 2010 , 9:46am
post #3 of

I'm dying to try indydebi's recipe. Is it ok to use for frozen buttercream transfers as well? I'm going to make a batch this weekend.

indydebi Posted 16 Aug 2010 , 10:01am
post #4 of
Quote:
Originally Posted by doramoreno62

I'm dying to try indydebi's recipe. Is it ok to use for frozen buttercream transfers as well? I'm going to make a batch this weekend.

it's the only icing I use for EVERYTHING.

countrycakes Posted 17 Aug 2010 , 1:05am
post #5 of

thumbs_up.gificon_biggrin.gif I used this icing for a wedding cake I did on the 7th of August....man, it is the bomb! It worked BEAUTIFULLY! thumbs_up.gif

mamawrobin Posted 17 Aug 2010 , 1:19am
post #6 of

I LOVE Indydebi's buttercream. thumbs_up.gif

KatsSuiteCakes Posted 17 Aug 2010 , 1:25am
post #7 of

It's easy, delicious; and an absolute dream to work with. I made a wedding cake for my niece in July, and it held up to the heat of a 90 degree day! I'm impressed and highly recommend it icon_smile.gif

aubasmif Posted 17 Aug 2010 , 1:25am
post #8 of

Where can I get this recipe? Would love to try it.

Babs1964 Posted 17 Aug 2010 , 1:31am
post #9 of

Go to recipes then type in indydebi's icing in the search box, should pop right up- does for me!
It really is excellent just finished making a double batch today for a Saturday wedding cake! thumbs_up.gif

pmarks0 Posted 17 Aug 2010 , 1:33am

http://cakecentral.com/recipes/6992/indydebis-crisco-based-buttercream-icing

KatsSuiteCakes Posted 17 Aug 2010 , 1:33am

http://cakecentral.com/recipes/6992/indydebis-crisco-based-buttercream-icing

doramoreno62 Posted 17 Aug 2010 , 1:35am

Great! I don't think I can wait till the weekend. I may just have to try it tonite!

cdgleason Posted 17 Aug 2010 , 1:41am

I started using that recipe about a year ago.... what a difference it makes in the quality of my work!!!!!!!!!!!!
I will NEVER, EVER, EVER use another buttercream recipe!! did I mention that I really love that recipe??
thanks, Indydebi.. from cindyinfortwayne!!~~

aubasmif Posted 17 Aug 2010 , 12:36pm

Thanks for the recipe. Can't wait to try it.

doramoreno62 Posted 18 Aug 2010 , 8:33am

OK so I made a batch of this stuff tonite. I must confess that I do not particularly like buttercream and have never had any requests from customers for buttercream icing. I frost all my cakes in Pastry Pride but have recently began to make frozen buttercream transfers. I must say, that once I tasted indydebi's recipe, I realized that this is a really good tasting buttercream. And my FBCT came out flawless! If I ever do get a request for buttercream, this is the one I will definitely use. Thanks indydebi for a great recipe! thumbs_up.gif

jsjustcakes Posted 19 Aug 2010 , 5:53am

Regarding the Indydebi buttercream, if I have to ice the cakes the night before, is it better to let them sit out or refrigerate overnite? I am making my first attempt at a wedding cake, and have to transport to the mountains the morning of the wedding, so I want to have as much done the night before as possible! Thanks!

indydebi Posted 19 Aug 2010 , 11:54am

I never refrigerate my cakes. The only two times I had icing problems was when I refrigerated the cakes. I always finish my cakes in their entirety the day before delivery. They sit on my counters the whole time.

jsjustcakes Posted 19 Aug 2010 , 1:23pm

Perfect! Thanks so much!

MessMaker Posted 23 Aug 2010 , 2:47pm

Do you store this frosting the same as all the buttercream?

In the fridge? on the counter?

What does the Forum Matriarch Indydebi recommend?

Monirr04 Posted 24 Aug 2010 , 2:08am

I have a question...IndyDebi, First...i LOVE your recipe and your blog! I get so many compliments on it.

My question is you use Crisco in your recipe. I just purchased some Hi-Ratio shortening, can i use that in place of the Crisco, will it work the same?

Thank you in advance!

bayoy Posted 28 Apr 2013 , 2:24am

hello, where can i get Indydebi's buttercream icing?

kazita Posted 28 Apr 2013 , 3:06am

Acakecentral.com/a/indydebis-crisco-based-buttercream-icing

TheLoveOfSugar Posted 29 Apr 2013 , 1:34am

ASo glad I have dream whip in my cabinet, because I'm making this icing recipe first thing in the morning!!

Can anyone direct me to a tried and true homemade fondant recipe?

kazita Posted 29 Apr 2013 , 1:44am

AI've never made it but I've read here that micheles fosters fondant is quite yummy.

cakecentral.com/a/michele-fosters-delicious-fondant

TheLoveOfSugar Posted 29 Apr 2013 , 2:05am

AThank you so much Kazita. I'm a newbie to the site, thanks for the links!

kazita Posted 29 Apr 2013 , 4:50am

A

Original message sent by TheLoveOfSugar

Thank you so much Kazita. I'm a newbie to the site, thanks for the links!

Welcome to cake central ( cc ) be careful this site is very addictive. You are welcome about the links , glad to help if I can.

ttaunt Posted 25 Jul 2013 , 4:55pm

I find people talking about Indydebi's buttercream recipe,but I can't find the actual recipe. Could someone please post it. Thanks.

scrumdiddlycakes Posted 25 Jul 2013 , 5:47pm
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttaunt 

I find people talking about Indydebi's buttercream recipe,but I can't find the actual recipe. Could someone please post it. Thanks.

http://cakecentral.com/a/indydebis-crisco-based-buttercream-icing

ttaunt Posted 25 Jul 2013 , 6:15pm

Thanks

juststartedbaki Posted 26 Jul 2013 , 4:23am

Hi ,

Cud I use this icing recipe for the rose swirl cake ? The last time I did it with the wiltons buttercream recipe  and the swirls on the vertical faces kept falling off. appreciate your advise. thanks

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%