What Size Pan?

Decorating By dare2bloved Updated 17 Aug 2010 , 4:00am by dare2bloved

dare2bloved Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dare2bloved Posted 16 Aug 2010 , 6:45am
post #1 of 3

Ok My girlfriend wants me to do a dummy wedding cake and have sheet cakes to serve for the guest. So my questions is what is the largest pan I can use to serve 150 guest? I did not know if there was an idustrial pan for bakeing large amounts. Also have long will the dummy cake last (how far in advance can I make it and it keep the fresh look? ) Thank you for any help or advice you can share.

2 replies
leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 16 Aug 2010 , 7:07am
post #2 of 3

You can make the dummy cake as far in advance as you want.
You'll want to keep it out of the sun light though (expecially if you have purples, pinks, or blues on it) to keep colors from fading

There may be a large pan to feed 150, but where are you baking the cakes? If it's in a home oven then the pan won't fit. Typically i have found that a 12x18 is the largest pan a home oven can handle. so using that.

12x18 that is 4" high (which i recommend for weddings, we call these kitchen cakes) feeds 108. So you can bake a total of 3 12x18 cakes. Stack two for the 4" height, then cut one in half so you have two 9x12 and stack these two cakes for the 4" height. This will get you a total of 162 servings.

dare2bloved Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dare2bloved Posted 17 Aug 2010 , 4:00am
post #3 of 3

Thank you so much for all your help

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%