Cinnamon In Chocolate Cake

Baking By yummy Updated 17 Aug 2010 , 7:52pm by iamelms

yummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yummy Posted 16 Aug 2010 , 5:26am
post #1 of 4

Hi all. Does anyone add cinnamon to their chocolate cakes? Not enough to taste, I was reading a thread a couple of days ago and someone suggested adding a pinch of cinnamon to chocolate cake batter? What does it do for the taste is it anything like what coffe does for chocolate; can you taste it? Thanks

3 replies
adikhawaja1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adikhawaja1 Posted 16 Aug 2010 , 5:43am
post #2 of 4

Hi, I always add a pinch of cinn. to my chocolate cakes, I really think it gives it such a good taste and it smells amazing. You should try making it so you can taste it. icon_smile.gif

yummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yummy Posted 17 Aug 2010 , 7:44pm
post #3 of 4

Thanks. Can you taste it (like cinnamon chocolate) or does it just add another level of deliciousness to chocolate. I need this cake for tomorrow; it's my first chocolate cake (just an 8") so if it has a cinnamon taste I won't experiment with this one. I know you can't go wrong with adding cinnamon to anything; I was just curious to the taste when added to chocolate.

iamelms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iamelms Posted 17 Aug 2010 , 7:52pm
post #4 of 4

I LOVE cinnamon in chocolate! I actually add at least a teaspoon, so that you can taste a hint of it. It just gives the chocolate flavor more depth in my opinion!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%