The "new" Cake Boss Show

Lounge By CutiePieCakes-Ontario Updated 20 Aug 2010 , 3:36pm by Ellie1985

CutiePieCakes-Ontario Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CutiePieCakes-Ontario Posted 15 Aug 2010 , 9:15pm
post #1 of 18

Saw this today .... Cake Boss: The Icing On The Cake.

I caught 2 one hour shows, which was nice because there was more information. Also, they've added "pop-ups" - little tidbits of information about the people who work there, or the cake itself. I find this both interesting and annoying, like watching "Pop Up Videos". It's interesting to see some little bit of fact, but they aren't up very long so you have to read very quickly - and then you miss something in the show itself. The 'regular' shows that followed (repeats) also had the pop-up thing happening.

So, if the producers (or Buddy) are reading this, please leave the notes up a little bit longer, and put them where there's no talking and/or major action happening.

thumbs_up.gif and thumbsdown.gif

17 replies
msulli10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msulli10 Posted 15 Aug 2010 , 9:25pm
post #2 of 18

Haven't seen it yet. Will be on the look out for it.

Babs1964 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Babs1964 Posted 15 Aug 2010 , 9:32pm
post #3 of 18

I liked how they showed how to do the "chocolate boxes" using plastic take out containers.

etr2002 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
etr2002 Posted 15 Aug 2010 , 9:42pm
post #4 of 18

There is a link on Youtube for lots of Cake Boss shows. Here it is:

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 15 Aug 2010 , 9:43pm
post #5 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by CutiePieCakes-Ontario

Saw this today .... : The Icing On The Cake.

Thanks! I have been wondering what the new name will be!

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 16 Aug 2010 , 1:51am
post #6 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by cylstrial

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutiePieCakes-Ontario

Saw this today .... : The Icing On The Cake.

Thanks! I have been wondering what the new name will be!

I believe that these shows actually aired before the judge made the ruling. I think that these were specials for one of the holiday weekends as i saw them at least a few weeks ago. Not for sure though as i don't watch it weekly, i could have my timeline messed up.

Ellie1985 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ellie1985 Posted 16 Aug 2010 , 2:16am
post #7 of 18

I'm confused, is the Cake Boss changing it's name to The Icing on the Cake????

Cake_Bliss Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake_Bliss Posted 16 Aug 2010 , 2:18am
post #8 of 18

Thanks for sharing the new name with usicon_smile.gif Also thanks for the you tube link I did not know that you could watch full episodesicon_smile.gif

CutiePieCakes-Ontario Posted 17 Aug 2010 , 5:36pm
post #9 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellie1985

I'm confused, is the changing it's name to The Icing on the Cake????

As far as I can tell, it's "Cake Boss: Icing on the Cake".

Was there a legal problem? I thought there might be, considering the Cake Boss program was around first. Didn't the legal dept. due their due diligence and search out the name first? Basic, legal stuff, guys.

debster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debster Posted 17 Aug 2010 , 5:41pm
post #10 of 18

I like Cake Boss he's my fav, and I like Fabulous Cakes both seem informative, but what's up with the Cupcake girls? I watched that and it's not informative at all just showed them daily at the shop. I found it boring.

erinalicia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
erinalicia Posted 17 Aug 2010 , 6:50pm
post #11 of 18

I thought it was just something they were doing for the summer.

cakesdivine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesdivine Posted 17 Aug 2010 , 7:11pm
post #12 of 18

I don't believe this is their new name at all, just a reprise of several of their episodes with special visual aid commentary (ie: the annoying pop ups mentioned).

They would not be able to use Icing on the Cake because that name too is already in use in the caking industry. Just more legal issues for them again. But then again, maybe Discovery is that arrogant and/or stupid...LOL!

Ellie1985 Posted 17 Aug 2010 , 10:14pm
post #13 of 18

Just watched last night's Cake Boss and in the blurb for next week's show Buddy says "Got to change baby" then announcer says "Tune in next week for a big announcement". So something's going on. I wondered about the Cake Boss computer program and the show having the same name. Maybe the show violated their copyright.

CutiePieCakes-Ontario Posted 18 Aug 2010 , 2:37am
post #14 of 18

I remember a couple of weeks back, Buddy was looking for new (bigger) premises. Maybe that's the "Big Announcement"?

debster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debster Posted 18 Aug 2010 , 10:43am
post #15 of 18

The place they are in looks huge upstairs , but if you had all those workers and business I think I'd need a factory.

cakesdivine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesdivine Posted 18 Aug 2010 , 1:18pm
post #16 of 18

Ellie, they stomped all over CakeBoss's TRADEMARK! The company trademarked the name back in 07. That was 2 full years before the show reared it's ugly head. Yes, I absolutely cannot stand that show or Buddy and his antics.

Ruth0209 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ruth0209 Posted 20 Aug 2010 , 3:17am
post #17 of 18

I love Buddy. He reminds me of my father-in-law who was also an Italian from New Jersey. I think fondly of him every time I see the show.

I think he is a very talented cake artist, and I've also heard that he is really generous with his time with cake clubs in the area. I love how they show how sweet and soft-hearted he is about his family.

Ellie1985 Posted 20 Aug 2010 , 3:36pm
post #18 of 18

Chances are it wasn't Buddy who wanted to name the show "Cake Boss" but the producers or TLC that wanted to play off of the fact that he is Italian.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%