Sugar Beer Bottle Questions

Sugar Work By Molly2 Updated 26 Aug 2010 , 3:04am by Molly2

Molly2 Posted 15 Aug 2010 , 6:53pm
post #1 of 3

I have made my first sugar bottle its not perfect but once its stuck in a cake it will look like a real bottle. I know what I need to do next time to make it perfect Im really happy with it. But I do have some questions

1 How long will these bottles last?
2. Do I go ahead and stick them in the cake or do I wait until I arrive to the party
3. Can I make them in advance if so how far in advance?
4. How can I pack them if I can make these bottles in advance?
Sorry for all the questions but I would really like to make some and have them on hand. Thank You in advance for any help?

Molly icon_smile.gif

2 replies
eatdessert1st Posted 21 Aug 2010 , 2:14pm
post #2 of 3

Hey, Molly:
You can put the bottles in a container w/ the silica gel packs to absorb moisture. I've found they will last for at least a week if placed in a cool dark place. (probably longer in the cooler months) Dominic sells them here:
http://www.makeyourownmolds.com/node/263
The lady I took the sugar class with uses the plastic covers from dry cleaning (the ones that slip over the clothes) to cushion the sugar products in the large container.
I bought some loose silica pebbles when I took a sugar class several yrs ago. You just reheat them in an oven until they turn pink again and reuse them w/ your sugar creations.
I'll place the bottles on the cake just before delivery. I haven't done one in the dreadfully hot months here in AL so haven't had to deal w/ a cake out of the refrigerator for long.
HTH some,
Melanie Mc.

Molly2 Posted 26 Aug 2010 , 3:04am
post #3 of 3

Thank You so much for your help.

Molly icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%