Lousy Kitchen Aid - What Is Going On?

Decorating By Peridot Updated 15 Aug 2010 , 7:01pm by Gingoodies

Peridot Posted 15 Aug 2010 , 5:50pm
post #1 of 3

I think my KA is going to hell. I have the one where the bowl goes up and down and I have had it for five years and for three and a half years the thing has been sitting there unused.

It is only in the last year and a half that I have used it for cakes and BC. I am just a hobby baker with doing a cake about once a month so it's not like this thing is used and abused.

I am standing at the counter mixing my cake and all of a sudden it starts clicking in the round thing that makes the beater blade go around. It was not hot, it did not smell like anything when this started, no warning or anything. The noise won't go away.

Has anyone else had this happen to them? I don't think there is such a thing as taking your mixer into a repair place and I live in a small town so I know there is no such thing around here. I am sure that I could send it KA to be fixed but the postage and the cost of the repair might be more than it's worth.

Any suggestions on what I should do with this thing? I am so upset about this.

Thanks.

2 replies
glow0369 Posted 15 Aug 2010 , 6:50pm
post #2 of 3

There was a recent thread on this..From what I understood, in the head mechanism iof the mixer, there is a screw that gets loose. I have had a KA for over 20 years and no problem. I just bought the KA ARchitect just for fun.

Gingoodies Posted 15 Aug 2010 , 7:01pm
post #3 of 3

Peridot, there are KA repair shops available. You can contact them to see if there is one in your area. I have taken mine to one. It was a little bit of a distance from me, but much cheaper than shipping my mixer to KA for repair.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%