Lingerie Cupcakes ?

Decorating By KTB4 Updated 15 Aug 2010 , 5:43pm by KTB4

KTB4 Posted 15 Aug 2010 , 5:11pm
post #1 of 5

I've been asked to do cupcakes for an "unmentionables" shower next weekend but don't have any cutters that would work to make little fondant decorations unfortunately. I could get a bikini cutter in time if I order it tonight but other than that I'm at the mercy of Michael's.

I'm a disaster when it comes to freehand drawing unfortunately. Any suggestions? Or does anyone know of a template anywhere for lingerie pieces?

TIA icon_biggrin.gif

4 replies
mandymakescakes Posted 15 Aug 2010 , 5:34pm
post #2 of 5

If you have the wilton "people" cutters, you could use the pants & shirt cutters for basic shapes and then use circle and or square cutters to cut away sections until you get desirable bra and panty shapes... Also, try searching for bra and panty coloring pages and or images on the internet. You will probably see more than you'd like to, but you should be able to find an image or two that you could scale down and use as a template. Debbie Brown's "Hot Cakes" book has a several great ideas and templates as well, if you have access to it. HTH! icon_biggrin.gif

Suzisweet Posted 15 Aug 2010 , 5:37pm
post #4 of 5

Here is another with colors...super cute just for ideas.

Do you or a friend have the cake cricut? That is a nice way to cut them out as well with out cutters.

Also you can lay wax paper over top of images and use chocolates or royal (or buttercream) to do transfers as cutting necessary, just a piping bag. icon_biggrin.gif

KTB4 Posted 15 Aug 2010 , 5:43pm
post #5 of 5

You ladies rock! Thanks so much. I'm going to check out all your ideas.

Suzisweet - no Cricut cake yet although I'm trying to get one on ebay, they're almost $500 in Canada so I'm not quite ready to spend that at the moment icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%