To Me, The Ultimate Compliment!!

Decorating By HobbyCaker Updated 15 Aug 2010 , 9:46pm by cylstrial

HobbyCaker Posted 15 Aug 2010 , 3:18pm
post #1 of 8

I just made the cake for my very good friend's daughter as a gift to her and her new husband. I am not a professional, cake decorating is a hobby and my friends and family are the beneficiaries of this hobby.

I delivered the cake, set it up and went to the service. DH and I then came back for the social hour and dinner, I went in to check on the cake to make sure it was ok and found the caterer taking pictures with her cell phone, I introduced myself and she complimented me on the cake and told me she was taking pics and sending them to her daughter who is a Pastry Chef/Decorator as she thought it was so pretty.

The bride/groom and families loved the cake and that was compliment enough, but to me this was the "Icing on the Cake"

Tried to attach pic, didn't work, it is the Gerber Daisy cake in my photos.

7 replies
Mamatoboys Posted 15 Aug 2010 , 3:31pm
post #2 of 8

Your cake is beautiful! Congratulations on the wonderful deserve it!

Ruth0209 Posted 15 Aug 2010 , 3:37pm
post #3 of 8

It's always so cool when people who really know what they're looking at compliment you! I have a cake dummy with drapes like yours and people always go crazy for it. It's a great look.

Your cake is gorgeous. I love the gumpaste daisies and the hearts on the drapes is a great touch! Nicely done.

cabecakes Posted 15 Aug 2010 , 3:39pm
post #4 of 8

You should be proud of is beautiful...I can see why she was sending pics to her pastry chef daughter. Beautiful design...congratulations. Maybe you should consider going professional.

cownsj Posted 15 Aug 2010 , 3:45pm
post #5 of 8

I'd be on cloud nine with a compliment like that. And you certainly deserve it, your cake is gorgeous.

(btw, Congrats on becoming a grandma)

cdgleason Posted 15 Aug 2010 , 3:47pm
post #6 of 8

Congratulations!!! isn't that the BEST thing ever?? ~~~
I'm not a professional, I just do cake for fun.
In January, I made a wedding cake for some friends of the family, delivered it to one of the nicest venues in town!! I went back later that evening for the reception and nearly cried when I heard a few of the employees saying that it's "one of the prettiest cake they had ever seen"!!
That was THE nicest things I have ever heard about one of my cakes!! (it was the snowflake cake from my photos!)

HobbyCaker Posted 15 Aug 2010 , 3:48pm
post #7 of 8

Thank you everyone!

I want to add that compliments from my fellow CCr's are also "Ultimate Compliments' thumbs_up.gif

I have learned and continue to learn so much from this forum.

cylstrial Posted 15 Aug 2010 , 9:46pm
post #8 of 8

You did a great job! I love the topper!

Quote by @%username% on %date%