Cinderella "blue"

Decorating By beesweetcakes Updated 15 Aug 2010 , 10:32pm by curiegas

beesweetcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beesweetcakes Posted 15 Aug 2010 , 12:03am
post #1 of 7

I am making a giant Cinderella out of cake and fondant. My problem is that Wilton has discontinued the "Disney Princess Colors." This cake is for a 4 year old girl and I want to make sure that Cinderella is absolutely perfect for her. I have looked at Amazon, Ebay, etc. I cannot find them anywhere. Sure, I can make a s close as possible blue but I am sure that a 4yr old would be quick to point out that Cinderella's dress isn't the right blue. Any and all suggestion, tips, etc are appreciated.

6 replies
cherrycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cherrycakes Posted 15 Aug 2010 , 1:07am
post #2 of 7

I think that Americolor navy blue (just a small touch of the colour) may be the right shade. I'm also making a Cinderella cake in three weeks so I'll be interested to see what others suggest too.

kitty122000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kitty122000 Posted 15 Aug 2010 , 5:17pm
post #3 of 7

I really want to try this style, and if you do this dress you dont have to worry about having the right blue> http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1335697

PennieK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PennieK Posted 15 Aug 2010 , 5:36pm
post #4 of 7

I used either Wilton Delphinium or cornflower blue for this cake:
http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1527682.html

They are pretty similar and I cant remember which one I used. I'm leaning towards the delphinium though.

JohnnyCakes1966 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JohnnyCakes1966 Posted 15 Aug 2010 , 6:07pm
post #5 of 7

My local Party City still carries the Disney Princess colors. Maybe they were bought before the colors were discontinued and can't reorder once they're gone.....but I'd look there if you have a PC in your area.

beesweetcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beesweetcakes Posted 15 Aug 2010 , 10:09pm
post #6 of 7

Thank you for all of the suggestions. I really like the delphinium blue idea. Think I"ll try that and go from there.

curiegas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
curiegas Posted 15 Aug 2010 , 10:32pm
post #7 of 7

I used Americolor Electric Blue for a similar color. Just start with a little bit at a time.

Hth
Cecilia

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%