Cream Cheese Frosting Question

Decorating By PersonalizedCupcakes Updated 17 Aug 2010 , 2:01am by PersonalizedCupcakes

PersonalizedCupcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PersonalizedCupcakes Posted 14 Aug 2010 , 9:53pm
post #1 of 6

Just because it is cream cheese, I personally keep a cake in the refrigerator until it is totally eaten. Professionally is that correct and should I instruct my clients to do the same when I make a cake for them using cream cheese in the frosting?

5 replies
hollyberry91 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hollyberry91 Posted 14 Aug 2010 , 10:28pm
post #2 of 6

I leave them at room temperature. There's enough sugar in it for it to be fine for a few days. HTH

ILoveDaffodils Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ILoveDaffodils Posted 14 Aug 2010 , 10:46pm
post #3 of 6

I use cream cheese frosting frequently and never refrigerate the cake or cupcakes. I saw on another forum that the high sugar content makes it safe but I am not a professional so I can't say for sure. My family, friends and myself haven't had any issues with it. icon_smile.gif

PersonalizedCupcakes Posted 17 Aug 2010 , 1:46am
post #4 of 6

Thank you both so much. I hadn't found anything on the topic so I was a bit nervous - especially with it being hazy, hot and humid.

Thank you for your help!!!! thumbs_up.gif

blessedist Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
blessedist Posted 17 Aug 2010 , 1:57am
post #5 of 6

I made a Red Velvet with cream cheese icing end of last week and it sat out all weekend until it was all gone Sunday morning. It was fine, I ate pieces all weekend icon_smile.gif . HTH

PersonalizedCupcakes Posted 17 Aug 2010 , 2:01am
post #6 of 6

Great to know!

Thank you!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%