Freezing Fondant

Decorating By Nani25 Updated 16 Aug 2010 , 10:58pm by Tinabarena

Nani25 Posted 14 Aug 2010 , 9:08pm
post #1 of 6

Hello all you experts- do any of you know if it is advisable to freeze a fondant decorated cake? I have been asked to do a cake for a weekend I'll be out of town. Just wondering how I could accommodate the request.

Thanks for your advice!

5 replies
cabecakes Posted 14 Aug 2010 , 11:03pm
post #2 of 6

I wouldn't...just had a recent experience with this. I froze my cake...when I needed to take it out it was super humid...cake condensated terrribly...cake collapsed (even with a light fan blowing on it to dry up the moisture. JMHO

cdgleason Posted 14 Aug 2010 , 11:25pm
post #3 of 6

I freeze the naked cake, then thaw, fill, frost and fondant, but I've never frozen a fondant covered cake!!

mommynana Posted 14 Aug 2010 , 11:29pm
post #4 of 6

same here,

mommynana Posted 14 Aug 2010 , 11:29pm
post #5 of 6

same here,

Tinabarena Posted 16 Aug 2010 , 10:58pm
post #6 of 6

I have this exact question! I have 4 cakes left over from an event I did on Sunday and was going to try to use them for the event I have this Saturday. I'm not sure if they will hold up until then, or if I can freeze them, or if I should suck it up and make more cakes (but working full time and preparing for this event...well...there just isn't enough time in the day!!)

I would love to just keep them in a cool dry place until Sat - but I want to be sure that wouldn't make them bad or anything!

Hopefully some of the cc experts will answer!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%