Baking In Brazil

Decorating By dolcebaci Updated 16 Aug 2010 , 7:15pm by vanki

dolcebaci Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dolcebaci Posted 14 Aug 2010 , 8:48pm
post #1 of 3

I was hoping someone could answer a few qeustion for me. I am off to Brazil in Sept for a family wedding and I have been asked to make the cake there. But I want to sure I have all the same ingredents to ensure my no fail receip will work. If not I will bring my own supplies if need be.

Can some advise "IF" the following items can be found in Brazil and if they are known as something else or know the brand name I can use?

The bride will be doing the shopping for me before I get there...

-Cake flour
-Vegetable Shortening

thanks

Dolce

2 replies
babapeela Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
babapeela Posted 16 Aug 2010 , 5:14pm
post #2 of 3

I just asked a Brazilian baking friend (who is living in the uk), and she thinks you can get both but is not certain as she didn't really get into baking until she came to the UK. As far as baking styles go, I think her Brazilian cakes seem more like American cakes than English ones, so I think it's likely ingredients would be pretty much the same.

Good luck and I hope you have lovely time, it's a beautiful country!

vanki Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vanki Posted 16 Aug 2010 , 7:15pm
post #3 of 3

I spent some time in Brazil and while they might have they same essential ingredients (salt, confectioners sugar, etc) the textures are different than our American stuff. Ex. salt was much coarser(use less) and confectioners sugar was the texture of cornstarch. There were others but i can't remember them! Have fun it is a beautiful country.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%